2016 ILX Hondata Support

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Thmanx

2016 ILX Hondata Support

Post by Thmanx »

Just a question for the Hondata community.

Seeing as there is now a re-flash option for the 2013+ Accord which features the new K24 Direct Injection Engine...

Are there any plans to offer a similar FlashPro/Reflash option for the 2016 ILX which features a similar engine? I don't think the current TLX has a tuning solution either.

It be a great way to energize the '16ILX aftermarket community.

Also, would a refresh be able to alter the 8 speeds DCT shifting functionality, or is that controlled through a separate computer/system.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 2016 ILX Hondata Support

Post by Hondata »

The difficult of doing a reflash or FlashPro is not related to the engine type. Producing a reflash for the Accord does not make it any easier to do something for the ILX.
The transmission is controlled by a seperate controller, which may or may not be in the same physical box as the ECU.
Hondata
Thmanx

Post by Thmanx »

I figured as much. Each ecu is enherently different, I guess what I was inferring was the direct injection nature of the system. To my knowledge the accord was the first vehicle in Hondas US line up (at least as an I4) to feature the system so tuning it would would be different then the sequential port system used in other Hondas.

Granted Honda has sold a fart ton of the newer accords recently, I can't go more then 5 min before seeing another 'Sport' model on the roads; though I'd assume a majority of them don't intend to modify their cars. The sport model is just a dressed up mid grade between the LX and EX's. But I digress.

The '16 ILX features a lot of new hardware and is largely carried over from the TLX so there would be interest in providing support for both vehicles as both have been selling quite well in the last several months.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

I too own a 2016 ILX A-Spec and would like to see support
holografique

Post by holografique »

Another bump for the 2016 ILX.