Toda ITB DC5 Running Issues - KPro

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Wingnuttzz

Toda ITB DC5 Running Issues - KPro

Post by Wingnuttzz »

Hi

I recently had my DC5 remapped since fitting Toda ITB's and the driveability is so bad, any time I go near the throttle it hesitate and splutters and lets out huge bangs and flames from the back and occasionally a cough/pop out of the trumpets. It smells very very rich driving around town etc and surges at constant motorway speeds as well. It is good at the top end but its almost undriveable getting there.

The spec of the engine mods are

Toda ITB with 33mm trumpets with the biggest ITG sausage filter I could fit
Honda RDX 440cc Injectors
PLM Tri-Y heat wrapped manifold
Custom made 3" Cat Back
Hondata K-Pro ECU mapped in Aplha-N

It was mapped by an experienced mapper who has a good reputation but he is telling me the running issues are because the K-Pro ecu isn't capable of ITBs and I need to be going standalone. I'm not convinced.

I've attached a link to the map on my Dropbox account. Hopefully you will be able to view it
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mus1q3tdb7jw ... B.kal?dl=0

Would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks, Grant
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Toda ITB DC5 Running Issues - KPro

Post by Hondata »

ITBs are not going to run as well as a speed density setup, but it should not run as you described.
It's probably fuel + ignition tuning - post a datalog.
Hondata
Wingnuttzz

Post by Wingnuttzz »

Unfortunately Data-logs wont be possible as I've removed the ITB's to put the car back to standard to sell it - completely fallen out with.

I'm keeping the ITB's though incase I buy another DC5 so would like to know what was going on. Whether it is just the way they are or it is a mapping issue.

I can't quite understand the fuel tables but someone did say to me that the ecu is putting more fuel in at part throttle than it is full throttle??
GTI

Post by GTI »

To be honest, it will not run as well as a good standalone if it is for road use.
From what I read, fuel settings seem to be out.
Wingnuttzz

Post by Wingnuttzz »

I do understand that but when there is mappers in the UK managing pretty much bang on OEM drivability with ITBs on KPro then something is amiss with mine in my opinion.

This is a screenshot of my low speed fueling tables, I don't quite understand it all but i can see at that low rpms and bigger throttle inputs that the ECU is putting more fuel in than it is at high rpm. I guess this is the source of my issues.