Possible Rolling Anti lag/launch control Setup?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
AlwaysInVtec

Possible Rolling Anti lag/launch control Setup?

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

So I saw this video earlier where this guy was using the launch control feature while he was driving at speed by pulling the washer stalk.

Said video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzqHX8vu2U0

I also found a thread on another forum where he explains how he got it to work, although he was using Kpro.

He basically said he's using the 12v signal from the "wash" function on the wiper stalk to an input on the ecu (e22 in his case).

Well my question is how can I go about doing this same setup with the "wash" function acting as the switch for the s300?

I see in the "Launch Control" section under parameters it has several options for which switch input to use. If I wanted to use the D4 (Service Connector Switch) am I correct in thinking that I just run the 12v power from the "wash" function in the stalk to the wire that goes into the D4 pinon the ecu? Or is that not how this works and is there more to it than that? I don't wanna do this wrong and send power into the ecu and fry it.

I know i'll have to set the launch control up for the rpm I want and move the max speed limit up and all that. I just need to know if my thinking for the wiring portion is correct.

And the reason I'm choosing the scs over the brake or another switch is because it's not doing anything. All the other switches are still used for a separate purpose. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks
DA9's

Re: Possible Rolling Anti lag/launch control Setup?

Post by DA9's »

Seems to me that as long as you use a +12v or ground (depending which ecu input you choose) using the washer stalk as the switch that's all there is to it. No different than wiring it to the traditionaly located clutch switch.
AlwaysInVtec

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

Is there a way to know which input is a 12v or a ground? Hondata doesn't list that, it just shows the options for which pins can be used. I guess I would need to hook a volt meter up to the D4 pin and to a ground, then jump that service connector and see if it reads 12v.

You mentioned the clutch switch, Hondata doesn't list that as an option.

It lists...

B5 (AC Switch)
B8 (Power Steering Pressure)
D4 (Service Connector)
D2 (Brake Switch)
D6 (Vtec Pressure)
AlwaysInVtec

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

So I just checked that D4 scs pin. It sees 5v without the scs being jumped and sees 0v with it jumped. I'm gonna guess that's not a 12v pin and I shouldn't put 12v into it

Edit:

I just read this from Hondata's help page.

"SCS - Activates when grounded. Normal function is to read error codes."

Which makes sense why when I jumped the connector the voltage dropped to 0. This would mean I'd have to run the "wash" functions ground to the connector switch? or to the d4 wire that at the ecu?

Wiring confuses me!
AlwaysInVtec

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

I got it all figured out. Will explain tomorrow...need sleep
DA9's

Post by DA9's »

AlwaysInVtec wrote:
You mentioned the clutch switch, Hondata doesn't list that as an option.
I meant the actual switch that is mounted above the clutch pedal. Most cars use it for the cruise control.

I'm glad you were able to get it all sorted. Sometimes reading things are waaaay more confusing than just getting into the car and putting your hands on stuff.

I haven't played around with the anti lag feature in mine, how effective is it?
AlwaysInVtec

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

Ooooh well sadly my car doesn't have that switch either. RS, base model. No cruise and no clutch switch for some reason. I've never had to push the clutch to start the car. Thanks for the help

Anyway this is how I did it

I got it all figured out yesterday. I called my friend and he walked me through how to wire in a relay and make it all work. Relay might not of been nessasary, but it's safe and it's working now =]

I used one of the old relays I took off my ac system. We ran the 12v from the washer stalk (grn/black#2 on an ond1 integra) into pin #1, connected pin #2 and #5 together and then grounded that to the chassis, last we tapped into the D4 wire (brown) on the ecu and ran that to the #3 on the relay.

And it works perfectly. I pull the washer lever and I hear the relay click, look at hondata and it shows launch control is active. Release it and it all goes back to normal.

Be careful if you do this on an integra (idk about other cars) cause in the washer stalk there are two grn/black wires. In my shop manual it listed one as #1 and the other as #2. It's #2 you want to use. You can check it by using a volt meter so that it has 12v when the washer stalk is pulled back to the "mist" position and 0v when released.

And the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at9MXnzvFtw
DA9's

Post by DA9's »

Nice write up. PM'd you.