aem wideband

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
vtecinside999

Re: aem wideband

Post by vtecinside999 »

Ok thank you. I didnt make the things in settigns "use analog x as wideband" maybe thats the mistake. Will the stock then also work?
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

If your in Europe like me then no because our lambda sensors use narrowband, but your aem should work if you set this up
vtecinside999

Post by vtecinside999 »

Yes i live in Europe. Use the PRA ECU and want the AEM only for Datalog and use the gauge to check everything works fine. But i have to Adjust the A/F because my car runs to Rich. Thats why i want to use the Analog in for datalog. If i do this in settings then the Analog in works for Datalog, and nothing change on the stock Lambda?
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

if you put aem lambda in secondary sensor port on catalictic converter you will have an engine light but this can be disabled by kpro, nothing will change with primary sensor on closed loop operation,
vtecinside999

Post by vtecinside999 »

Ok i should do the settings and do a closed Loop run?
After this go back to open loop and disable the Settings what i made?
Also this works only with closed Loop?
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

make the settings like before >place car in open loop >start datalog >do a 3rd gear pull 2000rpm to 8600rpm (foot flat down = tps100%)
then you will need to trim the datalog >review datalog and make adjustments > repeat until you have healthy air/fuel. when you have finished go place car back in closed loop.
vtecinside999

Post by vtecinside999 »

I find something on internet. Same problem like me...
He wrote: Harness was upside down.
I dont understand what he means....

Maybe the backside of the gauge the harness is upside down? This will be great if this is so simple...
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

your analog input wires are on a harness. which goes inside the ecu case its simply a plug if you pull the wires to hard it can slip off . it happened to me sometimes the tuner can install them upside down
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

pra aem 30-4100 install kpro
the first thing you will need to do bolt in the aem lambda in the secondary sensor and run the new wire to the pod/gauge
aem wire.jpg
aem wire.jpg (882.44 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
to get it through to the inside of car is this port/rubber gromet here, i cut the rubber slightly to make the hole bigger so the aem lambda wire could squeeze in
aem to inside.jpg
aem to inside.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
then fix the ground wire to the rocker cover where the ecu should be grounded to also
(be sure to make good clean contacts)
note: i tried many ground spots for the datalogging fluctuation but none made much difference
aem ground.jpg
aem ground.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
run the ground wire through the same place as you run lambda wire inside the car . i used zip ties to keep the wire from falling around and keep it tidy
aem in to car.jpg
aem in to car.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
you need to pull out the glove box to gain access to the wires. the lambda wire should plug directly to the back of the gauge and the aem data/power cable should plug in next to it . you will have 4 wires exposed from the aem data/ power cable . red ,white, blue and black
red is for 12v power
white is for analouge inputs
blue is for digital inputs (not used and not compatable with kpro digital inputs )
black is for ground

your red 12v wire should be connected to a swtiched power supply which should be fused. i used one like this couple £ from halfords or any car shop
fuze tap.jpg
fuze tap.jpg (19.87 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
i tapped the 12v supply from the fuse box under the steering wheel like this
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
now all you need to do is connect the ground you made to the aem cable ground . the 12v to the fuse tap . the white wire from aem cable to the cable to the red from the kpro (analouge input 0) and just tape the top/end of the blue wire as its not used.
wiring.jpg
wiring.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
turn key to ignition to see if you have power and turn off to check you have got a switch 12v supply (gauge should turn on and off)
now the software open kmanager open your kal and go to parameters >analog inputs click over analog0 and now you should be able to use details go to conversion and change this to aem 30-4100 like this
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG (2.57 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
now go to to the top of screen and select options>settings
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
select wideband inputs and use analog 0 like this
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG (2.9 MiB) Viewed 6191 times
now click ok and upload the changes to the ecu ... now you should be able to datalog with your aem wideband
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

if your wire harness has come off this is how the inside of ecu looks is self explanatory. on picture it's just a plug that can be inserted upside down or can easily be detached if you tug on the wires a little too hard
245a0a8s-960.jpg
245a0a8s-960.jpg (302.84 KiB) Viewed 6191 times
vtecinside999

Post by vtecinside999 »

thx a lot, i try everything out ;)
murdoch

Post by murdoch »

its the 30-4100 and im using analog 0 red wire. this was working fine until I done the update
vtecinside999

Post by vtecinside999 »

Hi. You got the same Problem???
With which version does it work before?
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

I had kprov3 and updated to kprov4 and just updated kmanager to version 4.08 to check that it's not a bug in software. I can confirm that my datalogging still works but I don't have a/f working on mobile app anymore