S300 V3 Wideband Digital input and closed loop?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
coupe-r

S300 V3 Wideband Digital input and closed loop?

Post by coupe-r »

Hi there, I am considering purchasing a S300 V3 for the digital input features.
I am the coordinator for the Motul Honda Cup New Zealand so we deal with Doug and Hondata :)
http://hondacup.co.nz

Q1: Can the digital input be used to populate the target lambda difference table (Lamda trace)? Or must an analogue input be used (Such as D14,
D10 etc) Or can I use the USB port from the MTX-L to datalog AFR onto the lambda trace table.

Q2: Can the digital wideband input be used for closed loop monitoring? Or is the digital input a logging only feature?
(I don't see why the code can't be changed to utilise a input of our choice?)

Q3: Can lean protection read from the digital input, or is this D14/D10 only?

Reason I ask is my MTX-L SUCKS and is crazy noisy on the analogue out. It fluctuates 0.12-0.15 of a volt when ever the heater cycles, I can't tune with it like that.

So I need the digital stream, ideally passed through the V3 board itself and not over the USB port on the laptop.

Cheers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300 V3 Wideband Digital input and closed loop?

Post by Spunkster »

If you want to run in closed loop you must use one of the ECU inputs listed in the software in the closed loop advanced tab.

The Analog and digital inputs on the s300 board are for datalogging only.
coupe-r

Post by coupe-r »

Cheers for your reply.
Hmmm this is something that should be changed for the next Smanager release then ;)
In that case I assume it doesn't support lean protection via the digital input either.

Ok so what about Question 1 (does digital input populate the lambda trace table? So I can tune by % lambda table for fuel percentage adjustments?)

Kind regards
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, there is no lean protection either for the digital or analog inputs on the s300.

They will also not fill the lambda values in the tables.

They can be used to datalog the sensor value only.
coupe-r

Post by coupe-r »

If digital input can't populate the lambda trace table (for tuning)
Then it's only ticking one box for me and that's logging a digital AFR with no laptop in the car (low priority for me as I have a MTX-L gauge anyways)

The biggest plus would have been populating the lambda trace table for cell by cell tuning from a digital input.

thanks for answering my questions
seelback

Post by seelback »

hopefully there will be some serious updates in the future for the digital features.
coupe-r

Post by coupe-r »

Ok so more than a year on...

Can the digital input be used to populate the lambda difference table while tuning?

Can Smanager log innovate serial stream directly from the laptops USB port? Then use this to populate the lambda difference table.