New user v4 problem

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
mikesalem88

New user v4 problem

Post by mikesalem88 »

Vehicle: 2004 Rsx Type-S
K-Pro Serial: 40470 (this is the number written on the side of the box, I will open ecu to confirm if necessary)
Software Version: 4.0.8.0
ECU: 37820-PRB-A06
Modifications: Stock motor, No name intake
Place/Date of purchase: Mid February 2015 from Xenocron Tuning Solutions (ecu is original to car)
Problem: I cant get the car to go above 2500 rpm, tried several calibrations and have researched the parameters for problems several times. it seems like a rev limiter. I don't not have any error codes and it runs and idles pretty good and smooth up until 2500ish rpm. My car is almost completely stock except for a cheap intake that was on it when I purchased it, and ran fine with the ecu in its stock form prior to sending it in for the kpro install. The clutch is slipping on the car very badly and will be replaced as soon as the weather permits (project car) but hopefully that shouldn't effect my problem. The attached log is from the stock k20a2 with cold air kal and hasn't been changed. I have researched this forum and several other places for a few weeks now attempting to solve the problem myself before posting here. Any help is greatly appreciated !
Attachments
k20a2-rsx-coldair.kal
(41.51 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
nomod.kdl
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
1320k24EK

Re: New user v4 problem

Post by 1320k24EK »

Did you calibrate your TPS? If so, you may have to replace your TPS as it's pretty common to hit that 2500rpm wall with a faulty TPS. If not, calibrate it and see if that helps.
mikesalem88

Post by mikesalem88 »

Ok I will try that asap, I assumed it was correct since it was running fine prior to the kpro. thanks for the reply.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The air fuel shows very lean at that point, but the injector duration is high and the air fuel is ok everywhere else. It looks like a flow restriction or bad fuel pump.
Hondata
mikesalem88

Post by mikesalem88 »

Alright, I will look into replacing the pump. I planned on going to a return style system anyway. I just fun it odd everything was fine before the kpro. Is there anything I could be missing in the kal? It really seems like there's something telling it to do what it's doing because it's so consistent.
mikesalem88

Post by mikesalem88 »

resolved, I apologize for wasting space on the forum. It was a very simple user error. I was uploading the calibration thru the kpro tab instead of using the online one. Thank you for the reply's.