Rev raise problem

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 Acura TL
DomGSR-T

Rev raise problem

Post by DomGSR-T »

I know the rev hang problem was fixed on flashpro version 1.7.0 for the Kseries. I wonder if it could be fixed for us TL ecu guys? I have rev raise problem on:

Stock map
Tuned map
Return to stock map
Stock TB
ZDX TB
stock map sensor
4bar hondata map sensor

So the problem is not from the Flashpro but from the TL ecu. I'm not the only one with this problem... here's what it's looks like... see video...

http://youtu.be/HbolSwrIk94
kleinmh

Re: Rev raise problem

Post by kleinmh »

I'm having the same issue. 2004 Accord running flashpro with a 3.7 TB.

No jerking/rev hang issues on stock ECU a few hundred miles after ECU reset. Jerking/rev hang started with TL ECU and first flashpro flash and hasn't gone away no matter what settings I alter.

Also, are there settings buried in here for rev matching somewhere?
quickkick127

Post by quickkick127 »

I too am having this problem. I swapped out the tl ecu/block into my accord and running into the same issues. The hang even affects my engine braking. Sometimes when down shifting to engine brake at low speeds (2nd gear) it will actually pull the car instead of slow it down. It's also very annoying to have my car hold a constant 1500 RPMs while I'm coasting to a stop with how loud my exhaust is.
v66spdturbo

Post by v66spdturbo »

experiencing the same issues with my 04 accord that I swapped the Tl ecu into. its extremely annoying and should be fixed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried lowering the overrun fuel cut delay in the fuel section of the calibration window?
DomGSR-T

Post by DomGSR-T »

i'm a bit lower than the stock values like 10-20ms lower... But the lower we go the more jerking we have.
rich01

Post by rich01 »

Add me too this list. It's be a while since I've gotten caught in nyc traffic, but yesterday I did. The Rev hang and jerkiness got so bad that I just had to allow the car in front to move about 2 cat lengths then take off, throw in the clutch and let rev hang while i coast. Trying to drive anywhere 30mph or below in 1st thru 2nd, sometimes 3rd, was non-stop jerking. In normal driving, highway and round town, it's not too bad. Please point us in the right direction guys.

Props on a great product, btw and thanks for the j - series support.
07J30

Post by 07J30 »

I have a 07 6-6 and have been looking into making the switch to hondata. The concerns shared above are very prevalent in the v6 accord community.

Through research on v6p it seems everyone who has hondata has these issues. I would like to tune my car (I have full bolt ons including 3.7 IM and ZDX tb) but let's face it, it's a big investment, and with the yet unresolved rev hang/bucking issues im leery.

I don't want to spend $1800 (after tuning) only to have the car run worse than stock. If these issues can be looked at further and a concrete resolution found then sign me up, but until then....
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I suspect there is more than one problem represented in this thread. In any case, there's no way that the FlashPro is going to make the stock behavior worse, as it adds tunability.
With the Civic we have determined that different throttle bodies place different demans on the throttle controller electronics, which may not have enough current to control the throttle body. This may be true with the TL too, but let's not jump straight to that conclusion.
Please provide datalogs and calibrations with a description of the pertinent modifications to the vehicle.
Hondata
DomGSR-T

Post by DomGSR-T »

Thanks for the reply! I will send 2 logs with my current cal to the hondata support email. One with ZDX TB and one with OEM TB. They both rev raises and they both have the ''ridding a bull'' effect from the jerking. We know that this is NOT hondata's fault! It's from the TL ECU but only hondata can help us on this since it has been fixed for the K series before we think we could get the same help on this issue.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Have you tried changing the airflow vs to throttle plate table?
Hondata
DomGSR-T

Post by DomGSR-T »

There's a map provided by hondata that is made for a larger TB and the values in the airflow vs to throttle plate table are the same as the stock map. I tried different values with slight increase valuer and slight lower values and did not get best or worst results so I finally left it to the stock values. I have the same amount of rev raise as in the video I posted before.

http://youtu.be/HbolSwrIk94
DomGSR-T

Post by DomGSR-T »

email sent with cal and log.

Thanks in advance
DomGSR-T

Post by DomGSR-T »

Anything else you need beside the log and cal I sent throught hondata email suport?
pa1nt13aller

Post by pa1nt13aller »

This rev hang has spoiled my whole car. Even with $9k put in. Normal driving is dreadful and sluggish because of the hang. By rev hang I mean after every time i push in the clutch to shift, the rpms will jump up. I will assist this issue in anyway I can via datalogs or whatever. Please get this fixed....
Last edited by pa1nt13aller on Wed May 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.