FlashProManager v2.2.8

FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: FlashProManager v2.0.0

Post by Hondata »

'Use Map to determine WOT' switches between using the TPS and MAP to determine WOT.

As you sure it is in closed loop at WOT? What does the short term trim do? The usual cause is that the WOT compensation tables have been made leaner than 12.5:1 For some reason the Honda ECUs will not switch to open loop if you do this.
Hondata
Knox

Post by Knox »

After I see that problem with the calibration I make to another car, I tried with 'Hondata FD2 Type R' reflash also (which is hondata base calibration) and I had the same problem again. Short term trim instantly goes to '0' which shows that it is in open loop but the changes I made doesn't effect the afrs. WOT compensation tables are same with your base calibrations (column 7-10 is 12.46 at wot comp high).

'Use Map to determine WOT' I test with ticked and not ticked doesn't solve the problem. Off the topic I thought that it should be ticked for jdm ecu's because there is no TPS WOT determination table on 'Hondata FD2 Type R' calibration. Am I right?

Hondata wrote:'Use Map to determine WOT' switches between using the TPS and MAP to determine WOT.

As you sure it is in closed loop at WOT? What does the short term trim do? The usual cause is that the WOT compensation tables have been made leaner than 12.5:1 For some reason the Honda ECUs will not switch to open loop if you do this.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, then the usual problem is that you're editing the 0 degree cam table only, and all of them are being used while running.

The JDM type R uses TPS to determine WOT by default (all Hondas do).
Hondata
Knox

Post by Knox »

When I saw that first engine runing lean like 14s every rpm and cam angle range, I used 'ALL' and added 10% fuel to everywhere, so I don't think I edited only the 0 degree cam table. Anyway tomorrow I will check that car again and take a datalog if problem continue.
Hondata wrote:Ok, then the usual problem is that you're editing the 0 degree cam table only, and all of them are being used while running.

The JDM type R uses TPS to determine WOT by default (all Hondas do).
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

Have you checked how the WOT lambda tables are set?
Knox

Re: FlashProManager v2.0.1

Post by Knox »

Yesterday I tried again and I had the same problem again. After that I noticed duty cycle increasing when I added fuel but the air fuel ratio doesn't change at all, I mean for ex I added 30% fuel but air fuel ratio didn't be richer but duty cycle inreased from around 80% to 100%. When I noticed that duty cycle increasing I thought that there is some problem with the sensor and I told the owner of the car another day we will try with an external wideband sensor.

Today I tested an other FD2 civic type r which I tuned before without any problem and I had the same problem with that car also. I again I tested to add fuel (20% something) and noticed that duty cycle increased but air fuel ratio didn't change.

I added the first car's calibration and 3 datalogs you can compare the air fuel ratio and duty cycle and this car has a datalog with 'return to stock' also (you can clearly see that on 'first car 2.fpdl' at 7600rpm duty cycle is 100% to 8600 rpm and air fuel ratio isaround 13.8, if there is nothing wrong after 7600rpm afr should goes to leaner whlie rpm increasing) . And also I added the second car's calibration and datalogs, you can compare the duty cycle difference and air fuel ratio. I'm thinking to install flash pro manager 1.9.3 and try again but I know that you don't advice to downgrade the firmware.

Please check my calibrations (sensor settings or Wot lambda adjustmens) and if there is no problem, so something should be with the software or firmware because I have the problem on two cars and one of them dyno tuned 1 year ago without any problem.
Attachments
first car.fpcal
(11.14 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
first car stock map.fpdl
(6.14 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
first car 2.fpdl
(5.87 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
first car 1 .fpdl
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Last edited by Knox on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Knox

Post by Knox »

here is the second car's datalogs.
Attachments
second car.fpcal
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
second car 2.fpdl
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
second car 1.fpdl
(4.86 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If the injector duration increases then there's nothing wrong with the table operation in the ECU.

Please don't downgrade the firmware.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you sure the oxygen sensor is reading correctly.
Knox

Post by Knox »

I will test it with external wideband sensor in a week. If afr will be richer why I can not see it on flaspro manager?

Thanks.

Hondata wrote:If the injector duration increases then there's nothing wrong with the table operation in the ECU.

Please don't downgrade the firmware.
Knox

Post by Knox »

First I think oxygen sensor reading wrong but after I have the same problem with an other fd2 type r which I tuned before without a problem. So I don't think both sensors reading wrong.

Spunkster wrote:Are you sure the oxygen sensor is reading correctly.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Your oxygen sensor is faulty. It is a common problem so don't be surprised if you have the problem on 2 cars.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Are you sure? Because it seems like works very well on closed loop. I will test it with innovate lm2 external wideband sensor in two weeks.

civicRSA wrote:Your oxygen sensor is faulty. It is a common problem so don't be surprised if you have the problem on 2 cars.
Knox

Post by Knox »

any news? hondata spunkster?
Knox

Post by Knox »

Today, I tuned the car with external wideband oxygen sensor (innovate lm2) and air fuel ratio is ok, but on flashpro manager airfuel ratio doesn't change again. I don't know if there is something wrong with the software version or both car's oxygen sensor are broken.