No "Tration control" tab in Smanager

Daz81

No "Tration control" tab in Smanager

Post by Daz81 »

The setup is a S300v3, on a B18 turbo UK CRX, car has been converted from OBD0 to OBD1 using a boom slang harness with no issues to date. We have the CPR fitted and working the car has been tuned and driving for about 6 months before we decided to fit the traction control.

All divers and software are up to date for the s300, I went into device manager and checked the drivers for the traction control and they are up to date as well.

Traction control has been wired up as per the instructions, we have a green light and an orange USB light.

The red lights illuminate when the correct wheel is turned.

I open up Smanager, I've looked in the windows tab but there is nothing for traction control, its not showing up at all, ive turned the switch on the traction control adjuster from off too the different position settings the green light illuminates when its switched from the off position to one of the min/max slip settings, and then goes off again when you set the switch back to off.

Now the only issue, I can see is that the orange USB light stays illuminated even when there isn't a usb cable attached?? other than that I cant see how to actually get into the traction control software to register it and set it up? Ive read that we are not too download the standalone software for traction control and that its to run through the s300, so this hasn't been done.

Have I missed a step? is there a separate something im supposed to download? Ive read the help files and quick start guide etc but still cant find out where im going wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: No "Tration control" tab in Smanager

Post by Spunkster »

Download the traction control USB setup file from the downloads section of the website and follow the on screen instructions when you run it.
Daz81

Post by Daz81 »

Hi, Thanks I did that yesterday, There is no "yellow" exclamation over the traction control in device manager. I will re-run it again to be sure.

Daz
Daz81

Post by Daz81 »

Ok,

So I downloaded the Traction control USB setup file and followed the on screen instructions as suggested, and nothing has changed, the traction control is showing up in device manager, under the Hondata engine management tab next to the S300 so the Laptop is clearly seeing it. The USB drivers are up to date and there is no yellow marker on it.

But S300 is not picking it up, I tried the whole process again from a different laptop and still I have the same scenario.

Any idea's?

Could there be an issue with the TC box?

Daz
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

From Help, About, what version of software are you using?
Daz81

Post by Daz81 »

I am using :

Version 2.3.3.0
Released Thursday May 15th. 9.00am

Is this not the most up to date? Its the only one available on the site I could see and when I check for updates via smanager it says im currently up to date.

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We will be releasing a new version later today. Try downloading that from the downloads section of the website and see if that helps.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Hondata
Daz81

Post by Daz81 »

Thank you,

That sorted the issue, All registered and setup and seems to be working fine.

Cheers for the help guys

Daz