retrieve calibration from ecu

FlashPro Manager software
dxc456blabla

retrieve calibration from ecu

Post by dxc456blabla »

hello,
the problem i am having is i cannot seem to find a way to retrieve the calibration from my ecu. if thats even possible. there is no calibration on my flashpro and my civc was dyno tuned before i got it. it is boosted and i may have to take it to my tuner once i get everything squared away to run more boost. any help appreciated. thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: retrieve calibration from ecu

Post by Hondata »

The calibration is stored in the FlashPro, not the ECU. If the calibration has been deleted from the FlashPro then you will need to ask your tuner for the calibration.
Hondata
dxc456blabla

Post by dxc456blabla »

i am awaiting a response from the one who tuned it. if he doesnt have the calibration file is there any way to retrieve it? or am i forced to retune?
dxc456blabla

Post by dxc456blabla »

to me if i couldnt retrieve the file from the ecu that kinda seems counter intuitive dont you think?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If the tuner does not have a copy of it saved and it is not on the FlashPro then there is no other way to get the calibration. You will have to start with a new calibration and tune from there.
dxc456blabla

Post by dxc456blabla »

well thats awesome... maybe in the future hondata will add this feature to flashpro... hopefully
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The FlashPro already can store the calibration. What you are asking for (storing the calibration in the ECU) is not possible.
Hondata
shind3

Post by shind3 »

Hondata wrote: What you are asking for (storing the calibration in the ECU) is not possible.
LOL, the calibration is already stored in the ECU. It is the difference in hex compared to stock. If the calibration wasn't already in the ECU what makes the ECU behave according to a tuned file even with the FlashPro disconnected?!

So Hondata could easily download the full contents of the ECU, compare it against a stock image, and see what differences exist in known defined map locations. And then you'll have the 'calibration' which is basically a list of bytes that are different than the stock image.

So, don't say it's not possible. Say that you don't want to spend the time to implement it. A little bit less disingenuous that way.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I'm not sure why you're arguing this.

The calibration is not the same as the binary. Various tables in the calibration are combined to make tables in the binary, so the calibration can't be reconstructed from the binary. In any case it is not possible to read the binary out of the ECU once written.
Hondata