Using TC through S300 ONLY

SlowTeggy

Using TC through S300 ONLY

Post by SlowTeggy »

So I will admit that I have downloaded Traction Control software that tells me not to, the reasoning I have done this is because I am unaware of any other way to input my wheel speed.

In S300 itself it does not appear there is a way to have the system calibrate the vehicles wheel speed or allow you to input slip percentages, am I not seeing this somewhere?

I also realize I have to delete the Traction Control Software from my laptop, Will I also need to delete S300 and re-download it?

thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Using TC through S300 ONLY

Post by Hondata »

What sort of warning do we need to stop people doing this? It's pretty clear. "DO NOT USE THE STANDALONE WITH THE S300, KPRO OR FLASHPRO. It WILL render your Traction Control inoperable and you will have to return it to Hondata. Please take note of this warning. Continue and download?"

The traction control window is identical under SManager as the standalone software. Wheel speeds are under 'wheel speed setup' and slip setup is under 'slip setup'.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

In SManager, go to Window and click on Traction Control.
SlowTeggy

Post by SlowTeggy »

Hondata wrote:What sort of warning do we need to stop people doing this? It's pretty clear. "DO NOT USE THE STANDALONE WITH THE S300, KPRO OR FLASHPRO. It WILL render your Traction Control inoperable and you will have to return it to Hondata. Please take note of this warning. Continue and download?"

The traction control window is identical under SManager as the standalone software. Wheel speeds are under 'wheel speed setup' and slip setup is under 'slip setup'.
When I originally installed the TC back in February of last year I don't recall it having that warning. I also believe the reason why I personally downloaded the software is because I was unaware I had to view traction control through s300 in one of the "windows" not under "parameters>traction control", I see now the exact same screen. Awesome!

So now that I have set TC up correctly and have tested the voltage using s300, it shows the voltage coming through from TC just a hair higher, so at 2v on TC it shows 2.06 in S300.

My question now is I have seen you referring to "Slip" how to do a make sure it is as close to 0 as possible and where do I change it if need be.

Also, what is a good starting point for the launch compensation table? I did a pull 1st-4th this morning and all the gears hooked up well other than the initial launch.

Thanks again!
SlowTeggy

Post by SlowTeggy »

Yesterday while hoping to adjust the launch compensation table I hooked up my laptop with both the TC usb and s300 usb and I could not get the TC to appear on the screen to save the life of me, I uninstalled and reinstalled s300, I also uninstalled the TC drivers and reinstalled them (making sure the computer said they we working properly), but for some reason the traction control would not appear.

I know that my TC is working fine and able to communicate with s300 seeing as it did the day before, but for some reason it will not work at the moment.

Any ideas??
crucian

Post by crucian »

Same here. Annoying. I finally got it to work with my surface, but trying now to get it to work with my laptop.
crucian

Post by crucian »

Try deleting the driver and then installing it again by browsing for it in the Smanager folder.