damaged ecu

FlashPro Manager software
jbfd2ar

damaged ecu

Post by jbfd2ar »

I got a damaged ecu.and the car wont start. The vin number is missing/cant detect.
Can i use another piece of ecu and go back to honda dealer and key in the vin number? Will the flashpro work on the new ecu?

I'm from Malaysia and shipping out the ecu and flashpro back to hondata is really my last option due to expensive shipping cost.
Currently the workshop is recommending against keying my original vin number into the other ecu for fear that it might be locked/damaged as well.

Please advice me on what i can do.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: damaged ecu

Post by Hondata »

You have two choices:
- Put the old ECU back in the car and unlock the FlashPro.
- Send the Old ECU & FlashPro to Hondata.

What happened to the ECU? ECUs generally are only damaged due to wiring problems in the car. Spontaneous failure is very rare.
Hondata
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Yes , had some wiring issue. After the workshop fix the harness, 1st start was fine, drives fine too. However, car cant start anymore after switching off ignition.
Then, we plug in flashpro and vin number cant be found. The green key light keeps flashing on my dash. Then workshop plug in obd diagnostic tool and its the same. No error code and no vin number.

Now the workshop just got hold of a piece of ecu. If we take this ecu back to the dealership and key in vin number, and if the car starts fine, will flashpro still work?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

See the above post for your options. Reprogramming the VIN will not work.
Hondata
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Ok. Can you fill me in with more details. Do i have to pay to unlock flashpro? How much for shipping the items back to Malaysia? Do you accept paypal? Do i have to inform or get a case number before i send the items over? I also wish to upgrade to be bluetooth enabled at the same time.

Please advice me on the details before i send them over.

If possible, email me at wen130@hotmail.my

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Put the original ECU back into the vehicle, then with everything plugged in and the key on, go to the online menu and click on "return ecu to stock". When it finishes uploading to the ECU, go to the online menu and click unlock form ECU. You can then replace the ECU have the vin number programmed by the Honda dealer and the key and immobilizer matched and it should then work if all other problems have been fixed. You can then lock the FlashPro to the new ECU.
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Hi, I had just tried, but i cant click on the "revert to stock" tab. I can only click on the "unlock from vehicle" , and it shows an error "The ECU VIN has not been recorded."
There is also a CEL code P062F-Internal Control Module EEPROM Error. Under OBDII Diagnostics - Information, VIN, part number, serial number are all blank. It only has the CVN:9E6A2552

My car had been sitting at the workshop for weeks. Please Help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number on the FlashPro?
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

FP-SI-INT-20856
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What exactly has been done to this vehicle?

With everything plugged in and the key in the on position, go to Help and click on send information to Hondata support. Include a detailed description of the problem
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Ok. I'll go to the workshop later/tomorrow and send the info.
Can you please PM or email me. I'll tell you what happened.
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Hi, i had just sent the info. Please check if you receiced it. Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You still have not explained exactly what has happened to this vehicle that caused all this in the first place.
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Ecu harness got burned. After fixing the harness, 1st start was fine, drives fine too. After switching off the engine, cant start anymore. Plug in obd diagnostic tool, cant find any thing. No vin number. Unable to communicate with ecu.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like there is still a major wiring fault in this car, but you still have not said exactly what has been done to this car.