No forced induction tune for 12 or 13 si?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
atom ant

No forced induction tune for 12 or 13 si?

Post by atom ant »

Just finished installing the manager SW, there are only a few tunes for different size injectors, no forced induction at all. Even my injector size (750) is not in there. Is this correct?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: No forced induction tune for 12 or 13 si?

Post by Spunkster »

This is correct. When this was done there sere not may aftermarket options for this vehicle. We may add some additional calibrations at a later time.
Sick13

Post by Sick13 »

So its been 4 months now...any updates in the works for 12+ Si? Getting ready to SC my 13 and no tunes yet from what I can tell with my flashpro.
EVOMS PorscheTT

Post by EVOMS PorscheTT »

Hondata, yes I to have built turbo kits for the 2012 engine/Flash Pro Management. I half own a company in Arizona and need a civic 2012+ boosted Firmware for accurate tuning and boost control. Is there any updates or maybe I can supply a car? My company depends on building turbo kits and need a firmware ASAP to finish my kit and represent Hondata to the fullest. By far your company has the best "factory" standalone ECUs out there but I am stuck without boost control. Any help I can supply?? I am not a guy in his garage building a car. www.EVOMS.com This is a part of a special ops division project as I usually build very fast Porsche kits. Please provide a accurate update if possible. Greatly appreciated and good for Hondata and me!
I have called and get the "working" on it response BTW.... Thank you in advance!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I think you're looking for two different tasks: A tuned calibration for a turbo 2012 Si and boot control. For the calibration put your kit on a vehicle, get a FlashPro, and tune it. Then you can distribute the calibration as part of your kit. As far as boost control for the 2012, the ECU does not have a spare PWM output. We've looked and tested all the outputs, but nothing.
Hondata
EVOMS PorscheTT

Ok so I will let the cat out the bag since its gout anyway...My kits are for the Ariel Atom that uses your ECU correct?...you have a boost control valve pin for a valve but I have no firmware to support it. ( I.E. boost by gear, duty cycle, ECT... ) I have a feeling this is due to something else but who Knows... So I will ask straight out. Can I get a firmware with boosted functions for the "TMI" built cars???? I know they are building a kit right now that will need boosted cals.
Now forgive my ignorance if I have missed something here. I currently use a TMI 2012 civic si flash pro with a non active immobilizer. My base cals only give me selections for civic..ect with only modded injectors and what not. No boost selections like other models. Am I missing something here? I know I can show boost colums and + pressure but is that is? Or am I missing something. Again, thanks for you quick replys. Good support system for sure!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU does not have a spare PWM output. It is missing hardware. Changing the ECU code will not change this.
Hondata
EVOMS PorscheTT

Thanks for the clarification on this. So a standaloe boost controler ( with all the capablities I mentioned ) would be required correct? The + pressure tables will allow boosted fueling and what not even if its ( ECU ) not controlling the boost correct?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can tune under boost conditions, but you cannot regulate a boost controller.
EVOMS PorscheTT

Ok No biggie. Would have love to have boosted features but is what it is...

So got the car all tuned up today on a standalone BC. Car runs good, all fueling maps look good so on and so forth. Car made good power and got a good VTEC point tuned in. Part throttle runs good though needs bit of tweaking.

One question though, car went into limp mode ( no throttle until ignition reset ) twice at pretty much the same load/RPM/Gear. Question is, what are some of the parameters that can cause this ECU to protect its self. I know there might be many as like we see on the Porsche stuff but thought you could save me abunch of dyno time with some points. Maybe you have seen this already. Was wondering about the oil pressure switch and if that had anything to do with it. Any direction get the car closer to completion and more FlashPro's sold.

BTW...who do I take to about dealer application stuff?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is impossible to guess what it might be without the calibration used and a datalog showing when the problem occurred.

Call and speak to Joseph at extension 108.
EVOMS PorscheTT

Yes very true. Just thought you may have some things that come up reguarly.

Will call him. Thanks!
EVOMS PorscheTT

What is the function of the "option" VTEC oil pressure switch?? Shouldn't this be on at all times and no option to turn off??

Still dealing with this limp mode right at 5000 ( VTEC lowered for turbo ) afr's cant get any better and cam switch over looks good and smooth?

Its so damn intermittent I can get a good log on it. Happens like right after flashing and then cant replicate it till later. No coolant temp consistency either.

Thoughts?