EP3 stalls after getting gas. evap code

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
ep3steeze

EP3 stalls after getting gas. evap code

Post by ep3steeze »

- 02 Civic Si ep3
- serial number of your K-Pro?
- ECU part number (starts with 37820) and serial number (the number under the part number) (37820-PNF-A05) (966719-2Y28)
- v3.3.1
- EP3 low octane tune (the basic one on calibrations)
- No datalog available
- SRI, mangaflow catback exhaust
- Feb 24 2014 kseriesparts.com
- My car stalls after getting gas every single time. I have to keep on the throttle to keep it running, once i let off the throttle it dies.. I have a CEL for an EVAP leak. The problem started after i put in my Kpro ecu. It is on a low octane base tune from hondata. I have checked my fuel cap which seems to be fine. I have also replaced my purge control solenoid which i was reading could cause the problem. There is also an idle issue. The car wants to idle at 900rpm then 1500 then up to 2000 then back down to 900rpm.. I replaced the KPRO ecu with the original OEM ecu and my car idles perfect and it also doesnt stall after getting gas. What would be the cause of this issue?
perspective

Re: EP3 stalls after getting gas. evap code

Post by perspective »

I have same exact issue, also started happening right after install. I know more people with same exact issue. Hondata help?
ep3steeze

Post by ep3steeze »

Ya i have noticed this is a common problem on the EP/RSX once they get kpro installed.. thankfully i got my stock ecu to run in the mean time
perspective

Post by perspective »

ugh I can't I have rdx injectors
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not an issue I have heard anyone else complain about. I use a K-Pro in my own RSX and have never experienced this.
ep3steeze

Post by ep3steeze »

What i mean by others having the problem is the 05-06 RSX not having an evap sensor, which i saw you guys (hondata) suggested to disable the EVAP system to fix the problem. As far as stalling after getting gas, i dont think that was a problem on the RSX. Is this a problem with just the EP civic? Its obviously the KPRO that is making my car do it because once i put my oem ecu back in it runs and idles perfect, and i also dont stall out at the pump. Is there something im missing here? BTW im throwing code P1457 with the kpro ecu (which i never got untill installing KPRO)
perspective

Post by perspective »

I also know an ep3 that don't have the problem. The ones that did had the problem, they put back their stock ecu and the stalling issues were gone. Might the problem be in the calibration?
ep3steeze

Post by ep3steeze »

Can i please get some help with your product?

Thank you
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have not provided the serial number of the K-Pro board inside the ECU, the version of software you are using, or your calibration and a datalog showing the problem.

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the Helms manual (factory service manual) for this error code?
ep3steeze

Post by ep3steeze »

My first posting states I am using 3.3.1. And I also stated that I am using your k20a3 low octane us civic si kal. The ecu is out of my car atm so I can't give you a datalog. Would it just be easier to call you guys? Why would I check helms if it's a problem with the ecu? The car has no CEL with the stock ecu..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Sorry, I missed the version. Without datlogs and the calibration is impossible to speculate since it could just be a setting you have selected. You really do need to troubleshoot using the factory service manual for the error code you are getting. This would be something difficult to work through over the phone. This does not sound like any fualt with the actual K-Pro board.
ep3steeze

Post by ep3steeze »

I will upload my calibration and a datalog today or tomorrow for you to look at. I hope its just a setting..
ep3steeze

Post by ep3steeze »

Here is my calibration
Attachments
base with immobilizer off.kal
(165.06 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
ep3steeze

Post by ep3steeze »

And here is a datalog. let me know if this works for you.
Attachments
1.kdl
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Where in the datalog does it stall?
Hondata