ECU general questions

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
alollini

ECU general questions

Post by alollini »

looking for tips regarding the IMA limited rev / temp error message on the dash : here is what i found :

Making a quick visit to the high revs does not lead to any error, (2nd gear no problem) however taking the time to push 3rd gear lead to the error, which gives no DTC and disappear after like 30 seconds of slowing down.

both Spoon and J'S Racing seem that they are selling modified ECUs that can handle the higher rev.
(for Spoon it is included with an expensive camshaft kit including a lot of parts)

Questionned about that J'S Racing is positive that with their ECU the IMA will not give any error in the 6300 - 7100 rpm range.

I asked a friend who worked for Honda (just preping new cars for delivery) and he said to me that when connecting the car with MCVI and HDS (honda diagnostic system) some different softwares can be tested for version and updated ; including :
ABS VSA
IMA motor
IMA battery
PGM-FI <- I think FlashPro works on that ?
SRS Airbag

so now logical questions :
When the Flashpro uploads, is it only one program that is dealt with or the complete list ?

Let's imagine i run a modified Spoon or J'S ECU : do I erase their mod's if manage one of those with FlashPro ?

Will FlashPro see such a modified ECU as a regular Honda CR-Z ECU ? (besides Japan / Europe difference?)

"IMA motor" & "IMA battery" : is there a way to see and alter their parameters ?

I think the Hondata Traction Control is taping into ABS data ? is it not one of the other programs like IMA ?

if doable, what equipment would i need to properly work on that ?

Maybe my invisible temporary error would be visible with MCVI and HDS ?? do I need that ?
Team CR-Z Youtube Videos here => http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL127E8C02C6B25D4B&feature=plcp
CR-Z GT White "Blue Inside"
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ECU general questions

Post by Spunkster »

The FlashPro cannot reprogram other systems. Using a different ECU with FlashPro would not work. The traction control only connects to the ABS sensor wires and not to the ABS system. We do not modify the ABS in any way. You may need a Honda Scan tool to read the IMA codes.
alollini

Post by alollini »

Team CR-Z Youtube Videos here => http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL127E8C02C6B25D4B&feature=plcp
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Chinese counterfeit with pirated software.
Hondata
alollini

Post by alollini »

So maybe I'd better ask my honda dealer if he can show me that screen?
If he has the thing, and if he want ...