BETTER GSR Tune - Dyno Tuned - 187whp

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
keto06

BETTER GSR Tune - Dyno Tuned - 187whp

Post by keto06 »

So I havent been on here in a while, and frankly, I hadnt driven the car in a while before today. I grabbed my laptop, loaded up S300 and went for a drive,

This car was previously tuned on a Mustang Dyno and put out a respectable 187whp. (Dont remember the tq)

94 Civic Sedan
*Mods*
99 GSR Swap
Custom 3" SRI
Skunk2 PS IM with IMG
CTR intake cam
Authentic RMF Race Header
Custom High Flow Cat Pipe
2.5" Catback Exhaust

It still has fully functional AC and PS as well. To use this you need a GSR with at least an aftermarker IM and race header or ITR/CTR cams. Car is tuned to 8800 RPM but I wouldnt take it that high. 94% Duty Cycle. O.O

Pic of 2nd gear pull to 8800: Image

Pic of timeslip for 14.496 passImage

Pic of car : Image

Pic of motor: Image

Datalog attached
Calibration Attached

This car wouldve made much more if I had pulled off the AC/PS but alas there was no time.
Attachments
WOTpull.s3d
(30.16 KiB) Downloaded 2443 times
download_temp.skl
(35.2 KiB) Downloaded 3622 times
Last edited by keto06 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
17 Civic Si Sedan (daily)
02 RSX Type S (project)
Hit me up for free Hondata Help!
keto06

Re: BETTER GSR Tune - Dyno Tuned - 187whp

Post by keto06 »

Might be making some progress on this soon.
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
keto06

Post by keto06 »

193 downloads and no feedback?
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
fuemasters

Post by fuemasters »

Nice. Got near similar setup here but turbocharged. Uploaded this map and added boost tables with minor adjustments and my car ran awesome. So now you know it works for turbo setup as well...
keto06

Post by keto06 »

Good info. Thanks!
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
dc2dan

Post by dc2dan »

I have a very similar setup in my car, but when I tried this tune I got a really loud clicking noise - sounded like it was coming from the injectors.. anyone know whats causing this?
keto06

Post by keto06 »

UPDATE!

Sold this car, so there wont be any more updates. Car drove great right up until I sold it.
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
polyanskiyalex

Post by polyanskiyalex »

Awsome tune. Works great on my stock gsr bottom with b16 head instead on a gsr one.. I have an itr intake mani so its similar with the skunk2 mani.
Im also using gsr cams. It will probably be nasty with some itr ctr cams in it, but I'm going eventually for turbo and I heard gsr cams are better for boost. Thanks for the share
keto06

Post by keto06 »

Youre welcome man. Enjoy.
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

Yeah similar to mine, except your Skunk2 Proseries manifold. I have the DC SPORTS HEADERS and you have the some nice ones. As long as I have the right DC SPORTS HEADERS I dont think it would make much difference there. You have ctr cams which sound pretty nice and I have skunk2 stage 2 cams which should be better. I dont know anymore info about them than that, but sure can hear a cam kick hard in V-tec. Not sure why I only pulled 161 whp and 117 torque and around 8400 rpms. Besides something being in my exhaust pipe that needs to be cut open cleaned out and welded back. Im going to take catylic converter off too, but you didn't seem to do that in your dyno you still had it on and pulled almost 190 whp! I also fixed my thottle cable a little today with the tools I had because it was really lose. Its not perfect and wont be till I get the right tools, but seemed like it was pulling a little harder than normal with V-TEC kicking in faster and harder at earlier rpm. Instead of slow kick in at 5600 rpms and not really hitting hard till almost 7000 rpms it was hitting hard around 6300 rpms or sooner when floored. Thanks for sharing and your help. When I get a laptop or tablet maybe Ill try your tune out to see what happens. Since Ive been tuned already though Im sure Ill keep mine, just try yours for fun. I wonder if there is a computer I can hook up to tell what my hp was. Dynoing is so expensive. I think the 2002 civic si had that in it.
luis.galindo

Post by luis.galindo »

hello keto .
I uploaded this cal file into my s300 this weekend started the car and it would not idle and is extremely lean also I noticed the timing jumps to 20 degrees I believe to keep the car running I can only assume. even though the base timing in the map is 16.
im new to this s300 and my setup is exactly as yours minus the ctr intake cam.
anything you think I would need to change?
should I leave it in open loop as or closed loop?
I noticed when I used the stock p72 gsr map and put the car in open loop it does the same or acts similar. when I put the car in closed loop it idles correctly and timing and afr are where their suppose to be.
should I upload your map and put the car in closed loop and change the short term fuel to 0?
I see a lot of people use your map and have success.maybe im missing something.
thanks in advance
keto06

Post by keto06 »

If you plan on tuning with my map as a start, you need open loop.

Just to drive around, enable closed loop.

The CTR intake cam didnt make as much of a difference as the race header in shifting my powerband upwards. You should be fine.

If your issues are at idle, I would work on tuning the idle portions of the map and the idle tab under parameters, or post a datalog.

-Tim
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
luis.galindo

Post by luis.galindo »

going to give it another shot when I get home tonite.
ty
keto06

Post by keto06 »

Almost 1000 downloads!
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
excaliburcombo

Post by excaliburcombo »

keto06 notice on your calibration the post start fuel adjustment is set to 15%. Can you explain on why you add 15%. Thanks.