FlashPro V1.6.3

FlashPro Manager software
all-black

Re: FlashPro V1.6.0

Post by all-black »

the gas tank takes a while to collapse down so running the car in the air will take forever to see it since your not consuming lots of fuel. but it does cause issues with idle and just fuel flow in general to be completely predictable, also causes fuel pump cavitation. hopefully they fix the evap issue in the race cals and add the same stuff as the si cals. or maybe they can just fix the throttle issue in the si ones...
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Seems I struck a nerve... LOL.

Your wonderful rant about how your car sucks still doesn't disprove the fact I am able to get superior drivability out of every car I've switched to the Civic cals instead of the Race cals. Nothing you've ranted about actually impacts the vehicle's drivability negatively. I have a stock motor turbo Civic Si running a native Civic cal personally -- you can't tell me it runs like "crap" because I've had it on both calibrations.

As for the annoying throttle issue that seems to be the root of your drama -- Hondata has already acknowledged they are looking into it.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

VitViper wrote:Seems I struck a nerve... LOL.

Your wonderful rant about how your car sucks still doesn't disprove the fact I am able to get superior drivability out of every car I've switched to the Civic cals instead of the Race cals. Nothing you've ranted about actually impacts the vehicle's drivability negatively. I have a stock motor turbo Civic Si running a native Civic cal personally -- you can't tell me it runs like "crap" because I've had it on both calibrations.

As for the annoying throttle issue that seems to be the root of your drama -- Hondata has already acknowledged they are looking into it.
How do you figure that the things I'm "ranting" about don't actually impact the drivability? maybe you and I have different ideas of what good drivability is. How can you say that the throttle plate issue I'm having that you have seen first hand in those logs doesn't effect drivability. It effects it immensely. It's the main connection to the motor. So then how do you explain that when I run the race cal the car runs perfect but when I load the fully tuned civic cal it runs like ass? I must not have the magic touch you have with the civic cals.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

soxfan143 wrote:

How do you figure that the things I'm "ranting" about don't actually impact the drivability? maybe you and I have different ideas of what good drivability is. How can you say that the throttle plate issue I'm having that you have seen first hand in those logs doesn't effect drivability. It effects it immensely. It's the main connection to the motor. So then how do you explain that when I run the race cal the car runs perfect but when I load the fully tuned civic cal it runs like ass? I must not have the magic touch you have with the civic cals.
Well I just drove my blue Si and went blasting through the country roads -- didn't drive like "shit" or behave like "crap". I have a very distinct idea of what "good" drivability is and what "great" drivability is. Both my Si's on a race cal have "good" drivability, but the blue Si on the Civic cal has "great" drivability. Throttle response is amazing on initial input as well as between shifts. The car is fantastically smooth -- everyone who takes it for a drive comments on how well it responds. My car doesn't exhibit your ridiculous amount of rev hang between shifts. Granted the throttle doesn't close completely immediately, but this only seems to happen on the high cam, and hardly is an issue that makes the car "run like crap", I hardly even notice the behavior when I'm driving the car full bore.

I repeat, Hondata has acknowledged the throttle issue -- it will get fixed in time, development doesn't happen overnight. I have no doubt it will get fixed -- because Hondata has delivered awesome features, and I even have a fully working gear selector in my ECU on my race car with a PPG gearset with a 4.1 final drive, thanks to Derek's support.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it with you -- I'm not going to give you ANY tips on how I tune the Civic cals, that's your problem, not mine. I'm surprised anyone would ever want to help you with the attitude of "omg you suck, this drives like crap blah blah its like running an eManage Ultimate again". How about you install that eManage again and let me know how it goes for you if it's that good?
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

VitViper wrote:
soxfan143 wrote:

Well I just drove my blue Si and went blasting through the country roads -- didn't drive like "shit" or behave like "crap". I have a very distinct idea of what "good" drivability is and what "great" drivability is. Both my Si's on a race cal have "good" drivability, but the blue Si on the Civic cal has "great" drivability. Throttle response is amazing on initial input as well as between shifts. The car is fantastically smooth -- everyone who takes it for a drive comments on how well it responds. My car doesn't exhibit your ridiculous amount of rev hang between shifts. Granted the throttle doesn't close completely immediately, but this only seems to happen on the high cam, and hardly is an issue that makes the car "run like crap", I hardly even notice the behavior when I'm driving the car full bore.

I repeat, Hondata has acknowledged the throttle issue -- it will get fixed in time, development doesn't happen overnight. I have no doubt it will get fixed -- because Hondata has delivered awesome features, and I even have a fully working gear selector in my ECU on my race car with a PPG gearset with a 4.1 final drive, thanks to Derek's support.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it with you -- I'm not going to give you ANY tips on how I tune the Civic cals, that's your problem, not mine. I'm surprised anyone would ever want to help you with the attitude of "omg you suck, this drives like crap blah blah its like running an eManage Ultimate again". How about you install that eManage again and let me know how it goes for you if it's that good?
Dude are you serious? I was being sarcastic. Wtf is your problem with me anyway? Why so mad? And why the hell are you getting so upset that the civic cals are not working for me?
mucter

Post by mucter »

I'll chime in here...

I've driven Vit's blue Si on the AFM cal.

1) he is correct, on throttle transitions were noticeably smoother.

2) car idled super smooth

3) it did have more rev hang than my KW Si. So while he says it doesn't, I disagree. It definitely did, and it was weird driving a car with rev hang again.

I am still on the race cals on my Si. I can't stand rev hang, so I won't be switching to the AFM cals until it's fixed. This isn't me bitching, just being honest about my experience. I would definitely like to switch to the AFM cals if I can. I'm really tired of EVAP issues.
mucter

Post by mucter »

Also...

Another detail that has a dramatic effect on rev hang for Vit's car.

He has a 9lb flywheel.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

soxfan143 wrote:
Dude are you serious? I was being sarcastic. Wtf is your problem with me anyway? Why so mad? And why the hell are you getting so upset that the civic cals are not working for me?
Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the interwebz, not to mention it sounded like your typical drama. I really couldn't care less about your car and how badly you think it drives -- your blanket statements about the Civic cals however are made with what appears to be blind passion and completely untrue.
mucter wrote: 3) it did have more rev hang than my KW Si. So while he says it doesn't, I disagree. It definitely did, and it was weird driving a car with rev hang again.

I am still on the race cals on my Si. I can't stand rev hang, so I won't be switching to the AFM cals until it's fixed. This isn't me bitching, just being honest about my experience. I would definitely like to switch to the AFM cals if I can. I'm really tired of EVAP issues.
I know you know this, but I had test 1500cc injectors on the car when you drove it and the car only had an initial tune on it for testing and boosting - I've since fixed that attrocious rev hang you experienced at that point and don't have any such crazy BS on my 1000cc injectors or the 1300cc test ones I was using. Most of it was in the tuning, the one thing left is a small throttle fix that I know Hondata will find and fix (it's annoying, but to claim it makes the car drive like crap is a joke).
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

VitViper wrote:
soxfan143 wrote:
Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the interwebz, not to mention it sounded like your typical drama. I really couldn't care less about your car and how badly you think it drives -- your blanket statements about the Civic cals however are made with what appears to be blind passion and completely untrue.
mucter wrote: 3) it did have more rev hang than my KW Si. So while he says it doesn't, I disagree. It definitely did, and it was weird driving a car with rev hang again.

I know you know this, but I had test 1500cc injectors on the car when you drove it and the car only had an initial tune on it for testing and boosting - I've since fixed that attrocious rev hang you experienced at that point and don't have any such crazy BS on my 1000cc injectors or the 1300cc test ones I was using. Most of it was in the tuning, the one thing left is a small throttle fix that I know Hondata will find and fix (it's annoying, but to claim it makes the car drive like crap is a joke).
Vit. I know sarcasm doesn't translate but I wasn't aware that I needed to translate for you. I figured you of all people would understand my frustration. I guess I was incorrect. But Jay gets what I'm bitching about. LOL! So I apologize if I came off as a wanker. Wasn't my intention. I was just exercising my right to bitch as a paying customer of a Hondata product. LOL!!

There is nothing I can change to get the plate to close properly on the civic cals. I did lower the idle speed to 750rpm and the plate did close more but not enough to make it like the race cals. It was far better but not good enough. I still had to lower the overrun delay to the point where the light throttle was annoying. Also on my car with the hybrid cals the throttle plate issue isn't specific to in VTEC. It happens all the time just not as drastic but it is causing incredible rev hang at all times. It's just brutal in VTEC. And the rev hang is causing me to be locked out of gears at high RPM. I even get locked out of 4th gear with the hybrid cals. I have no explanation for it but as soon as I flash back to the race cal it goes away and the car is back to normal. I am driving my car. I know what it drives like when it drives like crap. Getting locked out of gear and having atrocious rev hang doesn't qualify as running like crap to you? It does to me.

I even admitted that part throttle, idle and most driving the hybrid cals are better many times and in a few posts. But that doesn't outweigh the bad stuff I'm dealing with so I'm staying with the race cals. Plus the fact that I can not pass state inspection is another reason I want to stay with the race cal. If not I'll have to flash a race cal back in when sticker time rolls back around.
dan0974

Post by dan0974 »

I'm also having issues upgrading my firmware for 1.6.0. It looks like it finishes and the progress bar disappears but fpm then freezes and the green light on the fp contiues to flash.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

I know you don't share progress on releases but any word on the updated throttle control? The car does run generally better with the Hybrid maps so I would LOVE for the Hybrid maps to be fixed soon. Thanks Hondata! plus I liked having my oil % usage working again. lol!!
R2Racing

Re: FlashPro V1.6.1

Post by R2Racing »

Hondata wrote:This has support for the International Accord and the Acura RDX

See FlashPro for model / part numbers.

Download here
May we hope you will find Boost Limit map for RDX?
Bills07si

Post by Bills07si »

Vit is just about done tuning me and I have to say , going from the Race cals to the hybrid civic cals , there is a big diff.. I just yesterday flashed my old map ( a race cal ) and love the way the throttle feels , no rev hang , at least not enough to notice.. Throttle with the hybrid cals is horrible.. Let off the throttle its very jerky .. From day one when Vit switched me from race to hybrid I haven't liked the hybrid throttle mapping .. I can shift at say 6000rpm and the rpms will continue to go up to like 6400rpm and then go down.. Throttle response feels slow at low rpms ..
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Bills07si wrote:Vit is just about done tuning me and I have to say , going from the Race cals to the hybrid civic cals , there is a big diff.. I just yesterday flashed my old map ( a race cal ) and love the way the throttle feels , no rev hang , at least not enough to notice.. Throttle with the hybrid cals is horrible.. Let off the throttle its very jerky .. From day one when Vit switched me from race to hybrid I haven't liked the hybrid throttle mapping .. I can shift at say 6000rpm and the rpms will continue to go up to like 6400rpm and then go down.. Throttle response feels slow at low rpms ..
This is what I'm saying. I've tried repeatedly to get the Hybrid cals to work like I want but I have had zero luck. The "rev-hang" above 6krpm is awful.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

The throttle response on throttle input is BETTER with the Civic cals. I'm not sure where you guys are getting the opposite. I can pull up logs of a race map and a Civic cal and compare and it's easy to see why the Civic cal input is better.

If you don't like the Civic cal default throttle map (it's different than the Race cal), it's easy enough to copy & paste the Race cal throttle map into the Civic cal... The factory civic cal is way more linear than the race cals especially after 4k rpm.

The overall drivability of the Civic cals when tuned is way better. You can't tell me it's not, I have two Civics. I drive them. With a race cal and a Civic cal. I won't even use the Race cal on my own car anymore.

The way I see it with all the complaining is Hondata can do 1 of 3 things.

1) Fix the Race cals so the EVAP system actually works properly (the gas tank collapsing and evap simply not working destroying your gas cap and such over time is pretty hilarious IMO).
2) Fix the Civic cals to remove the small amount of remaining rev hang (it's minute, my car doesn't even have any that I notice other than the throttle lift off blip).
3) Completely remove Races support from FlashPro so you can no longer even flash that map to the FlashPro ECU.
4) Do absolutely nothing as you are buying a Race product that is sold for "Off road use only".

Seems #3 and #4 aren't that bad of an idea at this point since they've already said they are looking into #2 already and certain people seem to expect a miracle and for the fix to materialize overnight. R&D takes time.

As a tuner supporting a TON of customers I can't in good conscience recommend a Race calibration on a street car knowing full well at this point it's screwing with your emissions system. I've already had a couple customers fail emissions due to a leaky EVAP system (gas cap not sealing), yes, even using the miracle Race cal so they have no codes and it "looked" like it was working. Load a Civic cal on one of those cars and they suddenly pop leaky EVAP CEL's (shocker, Race cals disable this portion of the EVAP monitoring as well...).