BBG Support

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
GSquared

BBG Support

Post by GSquared »

Probably a long shot but figured I would ask...I searched and could not come up with anything in this forum asking about it so here it goes.

First and most important question: Does Hondata have plans to at least /try/ to implement BBG for 9th Gen US SIs?

If so, has this been looked at recently/is there any news on status or if you guys think it will be possible down the road or just an unknown?

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: BBG Support

Post by Spunkster »

We are still looking into the possibilities, but at this time we do not know.
GSquared

Post by GSquared »

Spunkster wrote:We are still looking into the possibilities, but at this time we do not know.
Any news on this? Now that more people are getting their Supercharger kits installed and a couple people (including myself) are having turbo installs this would be great!

We would all love BBG! :)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Boost control needs a PWM output. The 2006 ECU had an unused PWM output; so we could add boost control. The 2012+ ECU does not appear to have any PWM outputs we can use.
Hondata
GSquared

Post by GSquared »

Hondata wrote:Boost control needs a PWM output. The 2006 ECU had an unused PWM output; so we could add boost control. The 2012+ ECU does not appear to have any PWM outputs we can use.
Is there a possibility of modifying the ECU to include one or is this just a no go for this generation?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU is sealed.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:The ECU is sealed.
Unseal it? I'm sure most people that go F/I don't really care about the Honda warranty... I know I didn't :shrug:

lol
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You cannot open the ECU without destroying the case.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:You cannot open the ECU without destroying the case.
Replacement case? As long as the electronics is intact... maybe offer it as an at-cost upgrade for the F/I people who want built in BBG? I know I would pay to have built in BBG support if I was in that situation.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This would be very time consuming and expensive to do, plus may not even be possible without substantial development effort to find out. We don't have infinite resources at Hondata; our time is better spent on other development. I'm sure you are aware of this.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:This would be very time consuming and expensive to do, plus may not even be possible without substantial development effort to find out. We don't have infinite resources at Hondata; our time is better spent on other development. I'm sure you are aware of this.
Distinctly -- I'm just thinking out loud and offering ideas for the future? I really like how well the 9th gen development has gone, only a couple of things missing I'd like to see added ASAP (namely... IAT comp against main ignition tables...).
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

Hondata wrote:You cannot open the ECU without destroying the case.
Hondata I think it's possible.
In this old topic on civinfo someone open an ecu like this without destroying the case

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-tr ... uired.html

The only thing destroyed was that tuner that said is solution was better than fp.
mucter

Post by mucter »

What about using an existing pin that was set for something else. Like if people decided to delete their EVAP solenoid. Could the EVAP output then be used to control a BCS?
GSquared

Post by GSquared »

Hondata wrote:This would be very time consuming and expensive to do, plus may not even be possible without substantial development effort to find out. We don't have infinite resources at Hondata; our time is better spent on other development. I'm sure you are aware of this.
Based on this would you say that it is a lost cause for this generation then and that you will not be looking further into it? Also this is not really related, but while here -- the Traction Control is compatible with the 9th gens correct? I saw it listed there and just wanted to confirm.

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

YEs Traction control works with a 2012+ civic SI and ILX.