FD2R JAPAN SPEC ABNORMAL TIMING RETARD

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
mandylau

FD2R JAPAN SPEC ABNORMAL TIMING RETARD

Post by mandylau »

HI,
i have a problems with the timing retard recently.
which mean when i using the return to ecu stock,i will get 215 ps,
but when using the new calibration provided by hondata,the car totally lost of power..
and at the same time the timing will start retard,and the timing falls to negatives five degree ( air fuel at normal point )
so,,can you let me know what is the problems i was facing and also the solution for this...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FD2R JAPAN SPEC ABNORMAL TIMING RETARD

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to post hte calibration as well as datalogs showing the problem.
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

The FD2R should have 225 ps stock, so perhaps there is something wrong mechanically?
romeochris

Post by romeochris »

I experienced issues with Flashpro manager version 1.4.5 (latest). Upon uploading map car totally no power.
Now I returned to Stock, problem solved! weird...
Seems I am not the only one, if you go to http://www.ctr.sg under the topice of...... Car "refused" to accelerate, the latest post is talking about this. Please help!
Attachments
datalog0001-no power.fpdl
Log-01
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 477 times
datalog0000-no power.fpdl
Log-02
(4.81 MiB) Downloaded 482 times
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Dear Romeo Chris, how is the situation right now ?
Just to share. Ur problem might be the tune, not the FP manager issue.

I bought my Hondata Flashpro from a guy named J**l in Singapore. He dyno tuned my car. from the sheet he showed me, my fd2 auto(non Type R) made 111hp, and after tuned was 113hp on wheels. This is after sae conversion. I know this is bullsh*t!!! cause everyone else s FD2 auto made about 125 hp on wheels (As shared by people on forums, and car review website). He claimed that the dyno he used had a heavier roller. and claims that my car , at 113hp on wheel, is equivalent to 180+hp on crank.

So... I got excited after spending money and got my car dyno tuned. I got my friend to test the car with me. She drove her bone stock 1.8 Toyota Altis (normal edition, not some stock sports edition). and guess what????
Her car was faster than my car right from the start.

and at 190km/h, my car cant increase speed anymore! This is worst than stock. I revert to stock and i manage to win my friends Toyota Altis easily.
I reckon that he does not know how to tune a car at all, and maybe sort of download calibrations shared on the web and made it his own.

As i recalled, months to a year after he tuned my car, i saw him post on the civic fd club forum, that he had tuned a car, and received bravo comments; the base line was about 125 hp on wheels for the fd2 he tuned. And after tuned, made a couple of hps. My question is, since he used the same dyno machine and also converted to sae, why did my car made 10+whp(after tune) compared to the baseline ???

The way i see it. He did not have a map that is 125 or more whps. so he uploaded a map that is only 111whp. dyno ran it and made it the baseline. then maybe increase some timing/fuel...to make it 113whp. and called it "Mission Accomplished"

I reckon he just learn how to tuned correctly or he got lucky downloading the "correct" calibration from the web. Anyway, let bygone be .... I had since upgraded my car further and got it tuned by a true professional tuner.
skier

Post by skier »

post both calibration and ur datalog...
skier

Post by skier »

By default tune, fd2 start pickup will lost to altis.. if the throttle map and closed loop is not tuned.

Romeo, looking through ur datalog, its the same for your case.. it got nothing to do with flashpro.. its ur tune.
if u want more response, easily done.
jbfd2ar wrote:Dear Romeo Chris, how is the situation right now ?

I bought my Hondata Flashpro from a guy named J**l in Singapore. He dyno tuned my car. from the sheet he showed me, my fd2 auto(non Type R) made 111hp, and after tuned was 113hp on wheels. This is after sae conversion. I know this is bullsh*t!!! cause everyone else s FD2 auto made about 125 hp on wheels (As shared by people on forums, and car review website). He claimed that the dyno he used had a heavier roller. and claims that my car , at 113hp on wheel, is equivalent to 180+hp on crank.

So... I got excited after spending money and got my car dyno tuned. I got my friend to test the car with me. She drove her bone stock 1.8 Toyota Altis (normal edition, not some stock sports edition). and guess what????

and at 190km/h, my car cant increase speed anymore! This is worst than stock. I revert to stock and i manage to win my friends Toyota Altis easily.
I reckon that he does not know how to tune a car at all, and maybe sort of download calibrations shared on the web and made it his own.

As i recalled, months to a year after he tuned my car, i saw him post on the civic fd club forum, that he had tuned a car, and received bravo comments; the base line was about 125 hp on wheels for the fd2 he tuned. And after tuned, made a couple of hps. My question is, since he used the same dyno machine and also converted to sae, why did my car made 10+whp(after tune) compared to the baseline ???

The way i see it. He did not have a map that is 125 or more whps. so he uploaded a map that is only 111whp. dyno ran it and made it the baseline. then maybe increase some timing/fuel...to make it 113whp. and called it "Mission Accomplished"

I reckon he just learn how to tuned correctly or he got lucky downloading the "correct" calibration from the web. Anyway, let bygone be .... I had since upgraded my car further and got it tuned by a true professional tuner.
romeochris

Post by romeochris »

Hi Skier, Thank you for the sharing. I really dun know what has Hondata did on the latest version V1.5.1, after I updated the firmware and installed the new program on my notebook, I reflash my ECU again and by the latest version and SAME calibration mapping which wasn't work in V1.4.7, the issue has disappeared immediately. How can it be explained?
By the way, seems you have a good mapping and would you able to share what is your result after tuned from a true pro? Thx!
jbfd2ar wrote:Dear Romeo Chris, how is the situation right now ?

skier

Post by skier »

that because 1.4.7 still need some correction after their new complier.
its normal for BETA programs to have some bugs, especially when switching compilers.
this is already mentioned.

that why I'm still using 1.4.1.

only recently i have upgraded to 1.5 which is so far so good

I tuned my own car..

my result?
u can find it in ctr forum.. the 1 with zero knocks
also corrected some ctrs tune.. so far everyone happy with the adjustment
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

skier wrote:that because 1.4.7 still need some correction after their new complier.
its normal for BETA programs to have some bugs, especially when switching compilers.

I tuned my own car..

my result?
Hi Skier, mind sharing how did you fix the problems? My car is experiencing tons of knock retard every time i step on the pedal and also a lot of knocks in cylinder 3 when i am using FP. Even when i RTS, i get 0 knock count but my knock control and retard are way off the charts causing me to lose tons of power. I really cannot understand what is the problem.

I have attached my FP calibration with a FP datalog and a stock ECU datalog if you are free to take a look. Using esso 8000 btw.

Cheers!
Attachments
stock ecu.fpdl
(523.88 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
Version 3.fpcal
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
knock.fpdl
(3.16 MiB) Downloaded 466 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you datalog from a return to stock calibration you will always show zero knock count, as the stock ECU does not have the logic to count knocks.
Hondata
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Hondata wrote:If you datalog from a return to stock calibration you will always show zero knock count, as the stock ECU does not have the logic to count knocks.
Which means that I might be experiencing knocks even when I am on stock Honda map especially when K control is hovering between 95-100%? What could be the problem then?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Assuming that the engine is mechanically ok, the intake makes a big different to the amount of knock. An intake which draws air from under the hood will generate more knock. Otherwise, there might have been a change in fuel since the ECU was calibrated 10 years ago and what you can get at the pump now.
Hondata
skier

Post by skier »

Yap, hondata already give u the answer.

our stock ecu only take a flashshot in the event of a dtc.

and their logic is just retard under knock conditions.

therefore you will never see knock count if u are using stock ecu without any map.
skier

Post by skier »

normally, when we first start using flashpro, the knocks appear in cyl 2 and 3.
for your case, its only appearing in cyl 3.

did you install hard mounts or ETD?

if not and the knock retard still appear in cyl 3 after RTS,

i suggest you check ur engine by a competent mechanic. it may be mechanically related like injector problem, etc etc..
Shalashaska wrote:
skier wrote:that because 1.4.7 still need some correction after their new complier.

I tuned my own car..

my result?
Hi Skier, mind sharing how did you fix the problems? My car is experiencing tons of knock retard every time i step on the pedal and also a lot of knocks in cylinder 3 when i am using FP. Even when i RTS, i get 0 knock count but my knock control and retard are way off the charts causing me to lose tons of power. I really cannot understand what is the problem.

I have attached my FP calibration with a FP datalog and a stock ECU datalog if you are free to take a look. Using esso 8000 btw.

Cheers!