SManager V2.2.7 (beta)

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Hondata
Site Admin

SManager V2.2.7 (beta)

Post by Hondata »

We've fixed two problems which were found in the last release, added shift light and rev limiter by gear, updated the USB drivers and finally added a soft launch/burnout/shift rev limit.

V2.2.5 (27 Mar 2013) changes:
  • Fixed problem with wideband target lambda.
  • Fixed closed loop max rpm not saving.
  • Added rev limiter by gear.
  • Added shift light by gear.
V2.2.6 (25 Apr 2013) changes:
  • Updated USB drivers (Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility 2.8.28.0)
  • Added calibration revision number.
  • Removed traction control minimum speed parameter (this should be set in the traction control window)
  • Changed soft rev limiter so that it applies to all rev limits.
  • Disable lean protection when traction control is active.
  • Added a DDE server.
V2.2.7 (6 May 2013) changes:
  • Fixed flex fuel table changing to 5V
  • Fixed access violation when opening calibration using file association
  • [Traction Control] Firmware 7
  • [Traction Control] Fixed vehicle speed determination method not showing correctly after update
  • [Traction Control] Prompt to write unsaved Traction Control configuration changes when application closed.
Please don't get concerned that the DDE server is something you need to use (we get a lot of users who go through and test every change).
Hondata
SPOOLIN

Re: SManager V2.2.5 (beta)

Post by SPOOLIN »

Hallelujah
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
Luke

Post by Luke »

great, that you keep updating the software.

by why, hondata, don't you add any options, which would help everybody while tuning (math-calculations - and so adding a road dyno)?

there were a couple of great ideas in the other thread, which is based on software changes and calculations on the computer.

is there a reason why you don't/can't add those options?

a answer would be appreciated.

best regards Lukas
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

I think you are asking a lot of a 20 year old car ecu's processor....but maybe that's just me.
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
Luke

Post by Luke »

SPOOLIN wrote:I think you are asking a lot of a 20 year old car ecu's processor....but maybe that's just me.
if that calculations had to be done with the ECU-CPU, then you're right.

but my (and some others) idea is to manage the road-dyno (for example) with datalogs.

i'm asking for maths and physics, calculated by the CPU in your computer. and this isn't 20 years old and can do with in almost real-time.

so: you instruct the user to have a run in 3rd or 4th gear. starting at about 2k rpm and accelerating right up to the limiter.

based on timestamps, the given revs, changing speed and the knowledge of the gear ratio, it is physically possible to calculate the maximum torque and out of that the maximum power for each given moment in this run.

of course, this just works quite exactly on a flat surface, no slip, and for full throttle acceleration and no part throttle tuning.

the calculations will be done with your computer. the data from the datalogs should be exact enough to get reproducible numbers.

best regards Lukas
blackek4

Post by blackek4 »

great update ;)

on the 224 version i noticed also that my map sensor reading became very unstable comparing with the previous version i was using (2.0.0). i reverted back to 2.0.0 and it was stable again. any idea on what this might be?
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Luke wrote:great, that you keep updating the software.

by why, hondata, don't you add any options, which would help everybody while tuning (math-calculations - and so adding a road dyno)?

there were a couple of great ideas in the other thread, which is based on software changes and calculations on the computer.

is there a reason why you don't/can't add those options?

a answer would be appreciated.

best regards Lukas
Either that or the ability to export a whole lot more variables ......"Voice of the (reasonable) Customer" speaking here :-)

Some may be willing to pay for the feature? :)
Luke

Post by Luke »

the only problem I see is the missing timer, for live datalogging.

enhanced with the computer the timestamps shouldn't be that big deal.

just to add more options:

- road dyno
- 0-100km/h / 0-60mph
- standing 1/8mile, 1/4 mile, 1km, 1mile
- econometer (mpg, l/100km)
- etc.

everything is possible with the given data, which is logged anyway, if wanted.
just some maths needed.

or adding an option, that the data can exported. csv or something.
then we code build something ourselves.

best regards Lukas
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you explain further what you mean by 'missing timer' / timestamps? Datalogs can be exported and have a millisecond timestamp.

At this point we don't wish to add dyno graphing to the software. The main hurdle is that we don't want to add a feature which works only for 70% or 80% of people, and gives inaccurate results for the remaining 20-30%. If you take the export data from above and graph it you'll find that the ECU does not record rpm accurately enough for decent torque calculation and there is a lot of smoothing involved. We have done something similar before so do have an rough idea of the tweaks needed and the probable accuracy.

What I would rather do is provide a scripting or plugin solution to allow custom manipulation & display of data. However, this will take some planning & resource from our end so it would need to be something that many people would use.
Hondata
Luke

Post by Luke »

well, that is what I'm always talking about.

we have an idea, which shall work/would be nice if it could be realized and you give answer why or why not this isn't a solution.

I thought that in any very old thread someone (not sure if it was you "Hondata" or "Spunkster") told, that there isn't any timer on that chip. but that could be a misunderstanding or I just read it somewhere else. nevermind that.

the idea behind is, as mentioned some times yet, to eliminate any external loggers, which just provide one number.

we have use here and very old "road dyno" testing set. get's it's RPM from the coil with an inductive clamp. recording was done by switching a switch at the start (we startet a 2k rpm) and the end (at the limiter).

with the software it gave us some numbers. - right, that isn't as accurate as a proper dyno.
but that is not the case. it was good enough to get a number, a rough view and the possibility to gain some extra ponies by adding or reducing ignition and remeasure.

long story short: any possibility of measuring will give us the chance to gain the output. and if not the output: a high number make "it" bigger ;)

this scripting/plugin idea is maybe even better, so we can do the maths ourselfs.
or "open" the datalogging file, that the data is readable and manipulatable in any way.

by the way: best regards from "Bjoern" from Germany. We just talked about you guys, when you have been to germany for tuning those VLN civics.

best regards Lukas
blackek4

Post by blackek4 »

blackek4 wrote:great update ;)

on the 224 version i noticed also that my map sensor reading became very unstable comparing with the previous version i was using (2.0.0). i reverted back to 2.0.0 and it was stable again. any idea on what this might be?
I've tested this situation on 2.2.5 and the situation still occurs. Map reading is very unstable, it look worst than the variation on the rpm.
And again, reverting back to 2.0.0 it reads normally.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

compare the number of frames you get in a datalog of the same length and see if you are just getting more data with the newer version (a higher sampling rate)
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

My map sensor datalog has never been jittery.
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Luke wrote:the only problem I see is the missing timer, for live datalogging.

enhanced with the computer the timestamps shouldn't be that big deal.

just to add more options:

- road dyno
- 0-100km/h / 0-60mph
- standing 1/8mile, 1/4 mile, 1km, 1mile
- econometer (mpg, l/100km)
- etc.

everything is possible with the given data, which is logged anyway, if wanted.
just some maths needed.

best regards Lukas

UNQUOTE

Hondata - Can you share your perspective on this?

Can their be separate encrpytion/compression on the datalog, if that the issue?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Lukas, you'll need to clarify your response.

What do you mean about an on-chip timer? What is the purpose of this?

Why can't you export datalogs and use the data that way?

This should be in the software requests thread, so I may move the posts over.
Hondata