knock ignition limit, knock retard

FlashPro Manager software
Knox

knock ignition limit, knock retard

Post by Knox »

If i understand correctly; knock ignition limit retard the ignition by understanding the fuel (even if there is no knock i can retard the ignition) and knock retard tables retard the ignition only if there is knocking actively. But both of them are not related. I mean if there is knocking actively it retards the ignition by using knock reatrd tables and if there is not knocking and ecu thinks that the fuel is not good it retards the ignition by using knock ignition limit tables.

If i use race calibration ? Knock ignition tables are too high when comapred with "civic si rrc reflash 2" and this means that ecu do not make adjustment by understanding the fuel, so if there is actively knocking is ecu retards the ignition by using knock retard tables ?

thanks everybody, specially hondata for their great support.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: knock ignition limit, knock retard

Post by Spunkster »

Knock ignition limit tables are preset by Honda. There is no knock learning with these tables.

Here is how we would tune this ECU:

1) Zero the Knock ignition limit tables
2) Zero the Knock retard tables
3) Tune the ignition tables by:
Listening for knock from the engine
Looking for knock counts
Looking for an increase in knock control
4) Add some (but not all) knock retard back in)
Knox

Re: knock ignition limit, knock retard

Post by Knox »

Spunkster wrote:Knock ignition limit tables are preset by Honda. There is no knock learning with these tables.

Here is how we would tune this ECU:

1) Zero the Knock ignition limit tables
2) Zero the Knock retard tables
3) Tune the ignition tables by:
Listening for knock from the engine
Looking for knock counts
Looking for an increase in knock control
4) Add some (but not all) knock retard back in)
So, your are making knock ignition limit tables and knock retard tables zero. Then tune the ignition timing, then increase the knock retard tables (eg: 6 degree) but leave the knock ignition limit tables zero. Am i right ?