B18b Turbo Map 60-1 Ramhorn 1000cc 1-27psi tuned*UPDATED*

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
skullbasher

B18b Turbo Map 60-1 Ramhorn 1000cc 1-27psi tuned*UPDATED*

Post by skullbasher »

b18b1 turbo
walboro 255
stock fpr
aftermarket fuel rail
RC 750cc injectors
t3 t4 ebay 54 trim
2 1/2 charge piping
2.5" core 27" long and 6" tall intercooler
hks bov ssqv
stock head
stock intake manifold
stock throttle body
cast log manifold
neetronic 3 bar map sensor
8.7 compression pistons with 1.8l stock bore (sleeved)
2 1/2 downpipe to full 3 inch exhaust
boosting 20 psi
ngk v power "8" spark plugs gapped at .33 with blue ngk wires/ autozone dizzy
AEM UEGO wideband gauge and tru boost controller

high 14s and low 15s for cruising, 13s for passing, and high 11s under boost(afr)

my only concern is my idle which while cruising is very rich like 13s maybe low 14s so basicallly when im driving going maybe 50 mph and if i let go of the gas my idle drops to normal rpm but afr stays rich, and when i come to a stop after 5 seconds or so it gradually goes bak up to 14.7 and sometimes goes past it and goes into high 15s with the same rpm, coolant and air temperature. anther problem that i noticed after switching to 750cc rc injectors from 450cc is that during idle my car makes little deep popping sounds, nothing drastic but noticeable(especially cops). i would like to sound as sleeper as possible. any help aprreciated hondata forum.

*my first post
Attachments
wierd.skl
my map (albert tuned lol)
(34.06 KiB) Downloaded 1774 times
Last edited by skullbasher on Tue May 06, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.
keto06

Re: b18b turbo calibration t3 t4

Post by keto06 »

Have you tried gapping the plugs down? I think going to maybe .28 might help. Whats the exact part number on those plugs anyway?

when you say autozone dizzy, is the COMPLETE dizzy from autozone or ALL autozone internals?

Do you have the wideband wired into S300 and logging accurately? Can you log it for me so I can see? Heck, log it even without wideband and try and get it someplace on the datalog and notate the time it took place.

Lastly, ever been on a dyno?
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
17 Civic Si Sedan (daily)
02 RSX Type S (project)
Hit me up for free Hondata Help!
Progress

Post by Progress »

i looked into your map everything looks normal, you should wire your wdeband to your s300 so you can datalog and see were everything falls into. i beleave it's the white 5 volt wire from the aem wideband wire it to in d10 on s300 witch is the ELD. On s300 parameters go to closed loop, wideband input source select d10/ELD and then use the voltage offset to match the readings on the wideband gauge and your laptop should be around -.27 maybe higher -.40 and then you can datalog and run closed loop operation.
Did you get your car tuned on the dyno?
tuning upon request
347-989-5028
9.23@167 B18C street/track tuned
HP unknown
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!:
b18b1 turbo
walboro 255
stock fpr (fuel pressure gauge showing 42 idle psi0
aftermarket fuel rail
RC 750cc injectors
t3 t4 ebay 54 trim
2 1/2 charge piping
2.5" core 27" long and 6" tall intercooler hks bov ssqv
stock head
stock intake manifold
stock throttle body
cast log manifold
neetronic 3 bar map sensor
8.7 compression pistons with 1.8l stock bore (sleeved)
2 1/2 downpipe to full 3 inch exhaust(no cat)
boosting 20 psi *now boosting 22 psi*
ngk v power "8" spark plugs gapped at .33 with blue ngk wires/ autozone dizzy
AEM UEGO wideband gauge and tru boost controller
GSR transmission

NEW Mods:
-NGk vpower 9s gapped at .26

-Hondata 4bar map sensor

-Skunk2 intake manifold

-New Godspeed 3x11x30 intercooler

-aem tru boost duty cycle now 65% which gives me 22 psi

-California Arco, chevron, and mobil1 91 octane gas used

*comments*: the new intercooler was installed before new intake manifold to avoid detonation above 15 psi and i felt instant power gains. i ran a 13.2 with old intercooler, and 12.7 with new one (shitty all season tires) and same 60 foot. i then installed the skunk2 manifold and it made the lower rpms much more responsive and added noticable torque throughout whole powerband. i also just switched to vpower "9" spark plugs to test them out, and i inspected them today and they seemed perfect. really thinking of adding a methanol kit and boosting 25 psi cuz this gasoline sucks out here.

using my aem wideband gauge On cold start up the engine will give an air fuel ratio from 12.5 to 13.0, once engine warms up midway, air fuel ratios under light throttle should be high 13s and low 14s and low 11s under boost, then when the engine is fully warmed up the idle and light cruising should be 14.5 to 15.0 afr, 13.8 to 13.2 for passing and 12.5 to 11.7 under boost as psi increases. averaging 30mpg on freeway and 25 on street.

this setup is in my 95 integra with full interior and i can break tires loose on first, second, third, and a bit of fourth

my 13.2 with my old tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS4JlPCW_Rg

my 12.7 with new intercooler, (skunk2 manifold wasnt installed during this time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7OOcAWmIPA
Attachments
crazier.s3d
my datalog of high boost
(592.97 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
ultimate of ultimates 2.skl
(32.78 KiB) Downloaded 1156 times
Last edited by skullbasher on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keto06

Re: b18b turbo t3 t4 UPDATE!!! Datalog and new Map (Tips ple

Post by keto06 »

very nice sir. thanks!
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

ngk v power 8s gapped at .26 also worked for me, so if you have those it should be fine. i pulled my spark plugs almost every other third morning to look for fouling or detonation and never found any.

once i can tune light throttle cruising in the first 7 columns from 1000k to 5000k to be at exactly 14.7 air fuel ratio I will post up the new tune and i will also state whether the ngk "8"s were better or worse than the ngk "9"s.
keto06

Post by keto06 »

whats the code of the plugs youre running?
07 Civic Si Sedan (sold)
02 RSX Type S (project)
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

R5671A-9 is the part number for the plugs
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

you might need to even go lower if you boosting high on a decent sized turbo, i just made gap enen smaller at .24 and its better and idle is still really good,
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

QUICK UPDATE:

my engine is still running strong, same compression, plugs looking good.

-i have tuned the injector offset voltage which i found made a huge difference (im using rc750 injectors which everyone knows are hard to tune but i am doing my best so far and now my idle is smooth, quieter, and doesnt make those little poping sounds from the bak like most peoples cars with oversized injectors)

-added 10 percent more fuel on startup, and not to be confused with cranking fuel.(the reason for this is that when i have my car fully warmed up and left outside for a little bit, my air fuel ratios run leaner for like the first 20 sec or so i found that under fuel trim there is an option which allowed me to fix this.

-tuned fuel and voltage to run in Closed loop mode using the primary o2 sensor which allows a smoother ride( theres a reason honda made the o2 sensor and now after i got the closed loop down i know exactly why they use it.)

recent new mods
now boosting 16 psi due to traction reasons
3 inch downpipe
turbo blanket
heat wrapped dumptube
turbo air filter for protection(i actualy think this lowered hp vs just having it wide open)

i will posting up the new map later today or tomorrow and will be taking my car to get dyno tuned this week to see how much power i have actually squeezed out of my b18b 1.8l with my tune.
skullbasher

Re: b18b turbo t3 t4 Summer june update

Post by skullbasher »

As promised guys, here is the new B18b turbo map
-tuned up to 20 psi
-76 gas station 91 octane
-closed loop now perfectly operable
-o2 sensors are now switched on especially if u want your air fuel ratios to be exactly at 14.7 and with closed loop mode off air fuel ratios will still be at 14s but not as steady as with the o2 sensor on.

air fuel ratio from 2k to 4k rpm is low 13s, then 4k to 5k is mid 12s, and then 5k to redline is mid 11s

below i have attached the tune and i will be getting it dyno tested really soon
Attachments
albert tuning.skl
(36.93 KiB) Downloaded 1267 times
skullbasher

Re: b18b turbo t3 t4 Summer june update

Post by skullbasher »

back from dyno session and here are the results!!

Blue line is without the air filter

red line shows the second pull with the air filter

to my complete surprise i actually gained horsepower throughout the powerband with my custom air intake that i made!! the short ram intake consists of 2 short 45 degree bends coming out of the turbo which is facing the driver side. the filter rests right where the power steering pump is at right above the hole that comes in all integra chassis.

-The Dyno used was a DynoJet

-outside temperature was 91 degrees during both runs

-the tuner who was watching me do my pulls said that with his tuning my car should gain another 20whp.

-according to hondata s300 my boost never spiked and both pulls were done at 16 psi on a pretty old ebay turbo and ebay cast log manifold.

with a legit equal length manifold, 65 mm throttle body, proper tuning by "professional" and maybe 2 more psi and i should be at 350 hopefully.
Attachments
scan0002 (640x393).jpg
scan0002 (640x393).jpg (141.82 KiB) Viewed 25155 times
skullbasher

Re: B18B1 T3 T4 91oct. Turbo Tune and New DynoJet Results

Post by skullbasher »

car remains to run beautifulyy and sounds like it has perfect timing. no rod knock, rod failures, and i havent rebuilt the stock head

BUT I MUST WARN YOU PEOPLE, I LITERALLY ADJUST MY VALVE LASH EVERY OTHER MONTH NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!! AND EVERYTIME I DO THERE ARE ALWAYS VALVES SLIGHTLY OUT OF SPEC, AND IF IT WASNT FOR ME ADJUSTING THEM THAT OFTEN THEN MY ENGINE WOULD HAVE DEFINATLY DROPPED A VALVE OR RUINED A PISTON BY NOW. !!!WARNING!!! PLEASE DO THE SAME ESPECIALY IF YOUR REV LIMIT IS HIGHER THAN 7000 OR IF YOUR MAKING OVER 250WHP ON A LS. MY NEW REV LIMIT 7300. if your engine starts to click clak or sounds broken then that is most likely why.

i have updated the map, same almost perfect gas mileage and never under 14.7afr when criusing or below -8 inches of vaccumm.

boost has been tuned more aggresively

all has been tested and done using 91 octane at chevron, mobil, and arco gas stations and using 750cc rc injectors.

12.5 afr from 0 - 5 psi

12.2 afr from 6 - 14psi

11.8 afr from 14 - 20psi

ignition timing was also advanced just slightly due to lower compression pistons. with stock block i recomend keeping the ignition just like i did in the previous maps and not like the new one.

updates:
FUll tubular race ram horn manifold
44mm wastegate
rebuilt same turbo by myself
coated all my charge piping in n out with 2000degree resistant paint

Off the bat when i installed the new ramhorn manifold and ran it i notcied all my air fuel ratios were considerably leaner and before i was at 11.8 and when i ran it it was at 12.6, so i tuned it to match up again and had to turn the boost down cus now i was losing ridiculous traction at 7psi so i do know that i made alot more power for sure. now im at 5psi spring and still spin them when i shift way to fast from first to 2nd.

remember people that when u dowload my map, it is always important to highlight the boost tables and increase them by like 5 percent and run you car and keep your eye on the afr gauge like a hawk.if the car runs richer then minus in increments of 1 percent till ur at 11.7 to 11.8 and if it didnt get richer then your setup is not anything like mine and you should look elsewhere for another calibration cus your probably making way more power, different cams or usin different injectors. if your car has a cast log type manfold then add some gas below 5000rpm and take some away on the top end.
Attachments
bakup.skl
this is the new and improved map. im honestly estimating like a 20 to 30whp max increase at same boost levels with the new ramhorn manifold.
(39.13 KiB) Downloaded 789 times
skullbasher

Re: B18b Turbo Map t3t4 dynotuned 91 octane Cali august UPDA

Post by skullbasher »

remember people, or at least for all you in cali. im well aware that i am running 91 octane and although my car doesnt smoke, it gets 25 to 30mpg, and passed smog with my stock components in May, i still dont go all out and boost 20psi when its 100 degress outside no matter how good my intercooler is, and i dont drive like a douchebag on public roads, and you guys shouldnt either. i also dont rev my engine really high and then dump the clutch. i first engage the clutch and then go full throttle. its all the little things that keeps your engine reliable and lasting just as long as a stock engine driven by a grandma. only boost high when the iats are low and the only time that they are, is in the morning, nights, or cold places, and definately not cali. although people do make 400whp on 91 octane that doesnt mean that they are prematurely wearing out their engine. drive smart, check your coolant and oil literally every morning and respect other drivers. be safe people
skullbasher

Re: B18b Turbo Map t3t4 dynotuned 91 octane Cali august UPDA

Post by skullbasher »

i have updated my turbo b18b map.

new updates are a full equal length ported n polished ramhorn manifold

bigger t3 60-1 turbo with stage 5 wheels

massive 4 inch intake with diesel truck filter sucking from wheel arch

i have also got aem tru time cam gears and my gears are intake at 0 and exhast at 3 degrees crank(1.5 cam degree) advance for less overlap. i notcied this cause my turbo to spool quicker cus i can hear my bov going off much sooner and it didnt before.

this is tunned up to 20psi 91 octane and with a piston compression of 8.5.1

if you compression is higher i would suggest taking away a degree or two from timing and add more fuel just to be careful.

under crusing its tuned for max mpg with an air fuel ratio of 14.7 to 15.5, and when you step on it, it has been tuned to be at 12.0 air fuel ratio and 11.7 after 6000rpm and after 15 psi. i noticed that 11.7 is too rich and more power can be made safely.
Attachments
gayb.skl
remember to add fuel under boost to be careful and retard timing if compresion is over 8.5.1 on pistons
(38.7 KiB) Downloaded 804 times