Datalogging traction control with Kpro

Honda9ower

Datalogging traction control with Kpro

Post by Honda9ower »

I'm having a bit of trouble datalogging. I have both USB cables in my laptop (Kpro and TC), but for some reason in Kmanager the TC Over, TC Retard and TC Limit sensor readings never change from zero?. I get mph readings for each wheel and TC Slip and TC Turn percentages, but the others stay zero. Also, TC Out is a percentage when I think it should be a voltage, and I can't change it to voltage in sensor setup.

I can see from the RPM trace that TC limit should be more than zero, and there is definately some ignition retard being applied as the IGN trace drops like a stone when the ELD voltage increases. Also, I don't have wheelspin where before I would have lit up the tires!.

I'm using the latest kmanager beta (3.1.6.0) and the latest traction control version (1.0.3.0). Is this a bug?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Datalogging traction control with Kpro

Post by Hondata »

Did you upload your calibration again to the KPro?
Hondata
Honda9ower

Post by Honda9ower »

Yes, kmanager gave me a message to do so!. I've also adjusted the traction control speed and rpm parameters to suit my car while tuning, so had to upload the new maps then.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

TC.Out is the amount of over slip, so is a percentage.

I've checked and it does datalog as expected.

How are you datalogging? Do you have the standalone traction control application open, or KManager, or both? Are you datalogging with the Traction Control window open in KManager?
Hondata
Honda9ower

Post by Honda9ower »

I assumed something was wrong with TC Out as it always seems to show the same as the ELD voltage, rounded down to the nearest volt. I've never seen it go above 4%, even when TC Slip is as high as 40%.

When I datalog I will have done a variety of things, but most often I probably have both the stand alone application open (to read the help file) and also the Kmanager traction control window open as I will be tweaking the settings after each datalog. The stand alone application has 'inactive' at the top and all the options are greyed out.
Honda9ower

Post by Honda9ower »

Any thoughts on this? I've done some datalogging recently with just kmanager open and there's no difference. TC Over, TC Retard and TC Limit stay at zero no matter how much TC Slip there is.

I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron laptop if that's any help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Did you cut the wire that goes to the ELD?
Honda9ower

Post by Honda9ower »

Yes, wire cut and plumbed straight into the traction control.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you post your calibration and datalogs here please.
Honda9ower

Post by Honda9ower »

I have attached my Kpro calibration, TC calibration and a datalog from the drag strip. TC was switched off for the burnout, then on with a target slip of 6 or 7%.

I had to rename the traction control calibration "Hondata traction control.kal" rather than .tcc as the forum wouldn't let me upload a .tcc file extension.

You can see that in first gear I get a high TC slip, but TC Over, TC Retard and TC Limit all stay zero. Looking at the IGN values, TC Retard was probably between 7 and 10 degrees, but this is not logged.
Attachments
Hondata traction control.kal
(1.01 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
hondata.kdl
(5.43 MiB) Downloaded 487 times
Hondata.kal
(151.09 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

A new release of software will be available tomorrow which should correct the datalogging bug.