NEW HOndata TRaction COntol $$$795 $$$$4

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
skullbasher

NEW HOndata TRaction COntol $$$795 $$$$4

Post by skullbasher »

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

795 us dolllars!!????!!! or 795 mexican pesos ????!! which is aprroximatly 70 dollars and that sounds fair although still on the expensive side.

i honestly mean no offense and believe that hondata is the best honda tuning software but 795 dollars is just plain f u ken ridiculous. i think we paid an arm and a leg for the software, ecu, cables, and pwm bull crap. i tell everyone that i see with turbo cars to go hondata and i have already convinced over 10 people to purchase one and have one friend in the process of saving up for one after i told him not to do same mistakes i did with crome(crap). that is like over $$$$4000 dollars that i have made for this company in profit and i know the physical materials are extrememly cheap to make.

Or am i getting something wrong? is it 795 for a whole new s300 with all the features including traction control already included or are they really charging almost 800 dollars(same price as a used eg hatch) so that crappy drivers can continue to be CRAPPY DRIVER and never learn how to use proper foot and throttle control.

if your car loses way to much traction in first and 2nd then u need to learn how to drive, get a rwd or awd car, buy better tires, or use boost by gear.

By utiliing traction control im assuming that the ecu somehow senses the slippage through the speed sensors and then retards ignition to the settings that you put which in return rapidly increase exhuast temperatures and cuase premature damage or in other words, if your engine was going to hit 100,000 miles before a rebuild, with the traction control it will last 85,000miles(just an estimate but you get the point).

if your car makes ridiculous power in first and second even with boost by gear then the only way to regain traction is to retard the ignition by a lot and gas, and if your currently making 300whp in first and u want perfect traction, ur going to need around 200whp assuming you have normal tires cu who the hell uses traction control for slicks! thats retarded and pointless, none of the top fuel dragsters ever use that crap or pro drivers. to go from 300whp to 200whp at the same boost levels, there will be alot of degrees retarded and fuel washing cylinders and prematuraly say bye bye seals and valves. their gonna get toasted. too much retarded ignition is not good, and should be avoided at all times with our four cylinder engines. were already pushing the four cylinders to their limits.

most of our turbo hondas with street tires can spin them loose in first, second, and third easily and for the lucky ones out there they can spin every single gear. i dont think i want that much ignition retarded in every gear i race. that also destroys tubular manifolds faster, blows gaskets, and shows on the spark plugs.

i think the smarter thing to do for anyone interested in getting this is seriously rethinking their setup and people need to remember that bigger is not always better. what the hell is the point of having a gt35r topmounted on the street hahah. i have beaten so many hondas with over 100 to 150whp in my turbo ls just cus while their slippin and making alot of noise, im just flying down the track. the answer is boost by gear, a small spring and smaller turbo. bigger turbos should be just for purpose driven race cars with slicks at all times otherwise prepare to lose to a bunch of 50 trims

ps: i say this all from 48hours of willow spring track time, and real life experiance on the streets with turbo hondas. not just talking out of my ass
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: NEW HOndata TRaction COntol $$$795 $$$$4

Post by Hondata »

We're not forcing you to buy traction control. If it is too expensive for you, don't buy it. There is always going to be a supply/demand curve for a product which has customers who feel the product is too expensive, but the production cost of the traction control is well over double that of a s300, and the nearest competition to traction control is more than double the price with less features, so we think it is value for money at the current price.

I must correct your assertion about ignition retard and EGTs. With Hondata traction control, you can use a mixture of ignition retard and cylinder dropping to control traction. Your EGTs are not going to increase enough to damage the engine.

There is no way vehicle setup or driver control can compete with electronics which adjusts the engine output dynamically to the available grip hundreds of times per second using four wheel speed sensors. Without direct experience of our product, I don't believe that you're in a position to comment on that.
Hondata
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

I was happy to see it being tested out at the ITR Expo earlier this week at Mid Ohio. I didn't get a chance to watch or hear how things were going, but judging by the fact that it is for sale, I am going to say that testing went quite well. I'm adding this to my wish list now.
El Verdugo

Post by El Verdugo »

The question I would like answered is if you have a S300 currently how does this product connect to it?
2. If you do not own a S300 product already does this feature has to be bought in addition to a S300 in order to get this feature to work?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you look at the info page for Traction Control you will see that it has a separate harness that wires the traction control into the vehicle and to the ECU.

You must have an s300/K-Pro/FlashPro in order to use Traction control.
Dr Drew

Post by Dr Drew »

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

795 us dolllars!!????!!! or 795 mexican pesos ????!! which is aprroximatly 70 dollars and that sounds fair although still on the expensive side.

i honestly mean no offense and believe that hondata is the best honda tuning software but 795 dollars is just plain f u ken ridiculous. i think we paid an arm and a leg for the software, ecu, cables, and pwm bull crap. i tell everyone that i see with turbo cars to go hondata and i have already convinced over 10 people to purchase one and have one friend in the process of saving up for one after i told him not to do same mistakes i did with crome(crap). that is like over $$$$4000 dollars that i have made for this company in profit and i know the physical materials are extrememly cheap to make.
$4000 profit on 10 s300 units? They retail for $500 each. Did you forget about engineering costs? Manufacturing costs? Dealer markup?

How long do you think it took Hondatas' engineers to design the traction control concept, engineer the electronics, prototype the electronics, design and develope the software, debug the software for multiple platforms, etc?
Or am i getting something wrong? is it 795 for a whole new s300 with all the features including traction control already included or are they really charging almost 800 dollars(same price as a used eg hatch) so that crappy drivers can continue to be CRAPPY DRIVER and never learn how to use proper foot and throttle control.
Where can you buy an EG hatch for $800 dollars? Maybe a striped, rusted out chassis! If $800 is a lot of money for you, you should find a new hobby. Maybe take up basket weaving?

By utiliing traction control im assuming that the ecu somehow senses the slippage through the speed sensors and then retards ignition to the settings that you put which in return rapidly increase exhuast temperatures and cuase premature damage or in other words, if your engine was going to hit 100,000 miles before a rebuild, with the traction control it will last 85,000miles(just an estimate but you get the point).
Can you supply data or a study that show your claim about this traction control is true? Or is this that just what yOuR bOy told you yO?
if your car makes ridiculous power in first and second even with boost by gear then the only way to regain traction is to retard the ignition by a lot and gas, and if your currently making 300whp in first and u want perfect traction, ur going to need around 200whp assuming you have normal tires cu who the hell uses traction control for slicks! thats retarded and pointless, none of the top fuel dragsters ever use that crap or pro drivers. to go from 300whp to 200whp at the same boost levels, there will be alot of degrees retarded and fuel washing cylinders and prematuraly say bye bye seals and valves. their gonna get toasted. too much retarded ignition is not good, and should be avoided at all times with our four cylinder engines. were already pushing the four cylinders to their limits.
If you have boost by gear, why would you be making ridiculous power in first and second? Anyone with a brain or experience would use the boost by gear to turn down and dial in power to manageable levels for each gear. Then, the TC would make minor adjustments to obtain optimal traction on the varying road surfaces.

Why is it retarded and pointless to use traction control with slicks?
most of our turbo hondas with street tires can spin them loose in first, second, and third easily and for the lucky ones out there they can spin every single gear. i dont think i want that much ignition retarded in every gear i race. that also destroys tubular manifolds faster, blows gaskets, and shows on the spark plugs.

i think the smarter thing to do for anyone interested in getting this is seriously rethinking their setup and people need to remember that bigger is not always better. what the hell is the point of having a gt35r topmounted on the street hahah. i have beaten so many hondas with over 100 to 150whp in my turbo ls just cus while their slippin and making alot of noise, im just flying down the track. the answer is boost by gear, a small spring and smaller turbo. bigger turbos should be just for purpose driven race cars with slicks at all times otherwise prepare to lose to a bunch of 50 trims
ps: i say this all from 48hours of willow spring track time, and real life experiance on the streets with turbo hondas. not just talking out of my ass

How old are you? You've been to the track a few times with your 50 trim turbo. And you think that you have the knowledge and expertise to tell the engineers at Hondata that their design will damage your engine? To me it sounds like you are completely talking out of your a$$!

There is no way vehicle setup or driver control can compete with electronics which adjusts the engine output dynamically to the available grip hundreds of times per second using four wheel speed sensors. Without direct experience of our product, I don't believe that you're in a position to comment on that.

$800 for this unit is a reasonable price. People are used to paying cheap prices for electronics. They have no idea the amount of time and money involved in manufacturing and supporting a product that is not mass produced. Thank you for designing and building this product for my car. I will be ordering mine shortly!

Drew