What can I expect from FlashPro for 07 TSX Daily Driver

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
Tradesman

What can I expect from FlashPro for 07 TSX Daily Driver

Post by Tradesman »

I'm a novice so please forgive my ignorance on these matters, any help is appreciated.

Will I have to make significant mods and fine tuning to make FlashPro worth my while. I currently have a 07 TSX MT Navi w/ SRI, DC Exhaust header and high flow cat. If I understand correctly I wont lose my VSA or Cruise control or any other function? I'm looking for a little more HP and if possible better MPG.

I have read on forums Hondata recommending a 45-50 degree VTC gear for improved mid range. Is this process straight forward or can you come close with stock cams and tuning?

Can I change my VTEC start point and what is involved? More mods?

Also do I run the risk of wrecking my motor with the capabilities of FlashPro, on my stock motor, if I try and tune the car myself?
mymusicveins

Re: What can I expect from FlashPro for 07 TSX Daily Driver

Post by mymusicveins »

The calibrations for flashpro already do most of the work for you, including lowering the vtec point. I installed flashpro in my car (08 auto) and at the time all I had was SRI and IMG. That alone made quite a difference, mostly between 5-6k.

The next step was adding the race headers and test pipe with the VTC. After these 2 mods I had to drive home to flash the updated calibration and ill be honest with you, I had a hard time noticing much of a difference. Once I got home and updated to the new calibration, BAM, nice increase again. This time power starts at 4k, and pulls all the way. I find myself shifting around 6k now because I simply dont need to spin it to 7600 most of the time.

Id say the VTC was the larger part of the upgrade compared to the header/test pipe, but it all works together.

Once again, dont worrk about the tune, they have 2 preloaded calibrations from HONDATA that fit your current mods, or even if you plan the VTC mod
mabo

Post by mabo »

You guys have to tune vtc precisely, stock cals dont have this. It can give you much right from 2k rpm , entirely new feeling at part throttle and city driving.
mymusicveins

Post by mymusicveins »

Im sure further tuning can be made, but the calibration im running was prebuilt into the hondata software. In the description of the "tuned" calibration it included 45degree VTC (among SRI IMG headers and exhaust)
Tradesman

Post by Tradesman »

Thanks for your input.

Sounds like you get some preloaded calibrations and can fine tune from there.

Is it difficult to tune the vtc and VTEC?

Is the software helpful and self explanatory?

I've already decided to order it so I guess I'll see for myself. I'm sure I'll still have q's to ask but you guys seem to help one another out. Looking forward to my FLASHPRO. B-day presents to yourself are sometimes the best. lol
dinoc

Post by dinoc »

How difficult is to change the VTC ? Where do you order your parts and how much are them ?
Euro Honda Accord CL9