Proposed fixes and ideas?

FlashPro Manager software
myuser

Proposed fixes and ideas?

Post by myuser »

The version currently used is 1.1.7.4 Final (I like it alot)

Proposed Fixes:
- Download button in calibration is disabled (the version that I used before was 1.1.6.7 and was OK)
- Datalog stops when engine starts (whats the corrected procedure to datalog engine start/crank?)
- The selection in Graph (3D) by selecting the values in table (BLUE selection) is in a different position than selection with datalog (RED selection – correct one) ; Graph in 2D is correct.
- Changing the Display with a selected control causes a crash. Steps to reproduce:
  • Load (tuning display, for example)
  • Unlock Controls in Display
  • Select a (Bar Graph) for example
  • Load new Display (itr full display)
  • Left Double-click in Display background
  • (Access violation)
- “Delete All” button in Datalogging is enable even if ther is no datalogs
- Subtract “x%” by pressing “Ctrl+J” gives a wrong value
- Choose “Print” option in menu show a error window (large one) with nothing else than title named “Error” if no printer is configured
- Background image in Display or in a new Image Control (jpg files are shown transparently; bmp are shown correctly)
- Window “Graph” stays with name after closing the datalog.
- Select “Secondary Oxygen Sensor” in “Close Loop” parameter causes “LAF voltage” to be resized
  • This was made with Windows Xp and probably because default Windows theme
New ideas?:
- Display
  • - Del shortcut to delete a control (only available when is unlock display)
    - New “Action” to change to other display with property (Display Path)
    - New properties in buttons: Shortcut and Visibility
    - A new control to graph a sensor like (Graph window in datalog)
    - Clear the controls in display window with a menu option in “Display” (to start a new display it helps a lot)
    - Auto Resize Display to change the controls dimension in different resolutions
    - Sounds/Alerts with the possibility to choose from a file (this gives a lot of work)
- Configuration
  • - New configuration with unit Mph/Kph
    - Button to allow the units to be applied for all the values that use that unit
- Other
  • - Import/Export some configuration parameters and/or templates (for new versions and different pc’s, very useful)
    - Option to disable “graph window” and/or “sensors window” and apply it if Display is in “fullscreen” mode to allow responsiveness, free memory and less amount of objects in memory.
    - OBDII Diag with a “Refresh” option to update, i.e., like Sensors window
Keep up with the good work...
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Proposed fixes and ideas?

Post by Hondata »

Thank you for the feedback - these posts do help improve the software.

* Download button in calibration is disabled
- what do you mean?
* Datalog stops when engine starts
- possibly for a future version
* 3d graph selection incorrect
- fixed (problem was only for ignition tables)
* changing display crash
- fixed
* delete all button always enabled
- fixed
* table subtraction
- this is so that you can add and then subtract a percentage and arrive at the starting point. Possibly it should be a configuration option.
* print with no printer
- fixed
* display background image
- Do you mean a background image for the window?
* graph window name
- fixed
* LAF voltage resized
- can't reproduce. Can you give a screenshot?
* delete shortcut in display, button to switch displays
- added to request list
* display visibility button
- what do you mean?
* graph window in display
- already on the development list
* auto re-size display, sound from file
- difficult, but will add to the list
* speed unit configuration
- can only be changed individually at the moment, but I understand the request.
* import/export configuration files.
- good idea, added to the development list.
* display window maximum datalogging speed
- added to the development list.
* OBDII window
- do you mean continuous update?
Hondata
myuser

Post by myuser »

I was happy to know that most of the things that I mentioned are in the development list.

* Download button in calibration is disabled
- what do you mean?
  • In the Toolbar access button “FlashPro”, tab “Calibrations” and the button “Download” is disabled. The FP is connected and with two calibrations. None of the two “Download” buttons are enabled.
    The FP was with 1167 firmware and some datalogs. After update to 1174 became that way. Possibly because 1167 datalogs? I Don't know.
    A new confirmation dialog to upload would be helpful after opening FPM to update to a new firmware. This way when we open a FPM beta the new firmware is not updated into FP.
* 3d graph selection incorrect
- fixed (problem was only for ignition tables)
  • I first detected the selection issue in Target Throttle Plate. Please take a look in the FN2 calibrations to see if this happens in Cam, Knock and Throttle tables.
* display background image
- Do you mean a background image for the window?
  • Both actualy. In the background I try to setup “BackgroundImage” property to a “jpg” or “ico” file and no representation is displayed only “bmp” files fills the background.
    In the case of adding a new image control the “jpg”s files are transparent and after selecting the image the new control are rather “small”. Only the surrounding “dots” appear.
* LAF voltage resized
- can't reproduce. Can you give a screenshot?
  • After various tests I found the issue. It's a window size issue. Try this steps:
    • Open a new calibration (example: FN2 Euro, AFM)
      Resize “Calibration (advanced)” window to the max
      Select “Closed Loop”
      Resize window until “LAF voltage to lambda” get horizontal scroll (next to the end of the table)
      Close “Calibration (advanced)” window
      Press “Calibration” in toolbar
      Select “Closed Loop”
      Enable or Disable “Secondary O2”
      The LAF voltage table is resized (horizontal bar appear)
* display visibility button
- what do you mean?
  • I first thought to have an “Action button” with the property “Shortcut” in this way the user don't have to bother with the cursor to press the button.
    Something like this key R – Record Datalog, key S – Stop Datalog, key 1 – Display “ITR-Full-Display”, key 2 – Display “Default-Display” ;
    The “Visibility” was to hide the button... but actualy you can hide it by the “Send to back”/”Bring to Front” (the Z order), please ignore the visibility option.
* OBDII window
- do you mean continuous update?
  • Yes.
Because of the complexity involved I left this one behind.
  • - One function to eject/unplug FP for safety; and/or a sign to let the user know when he can remove the FP (this could be placed next to Live Status – in Status Bar);
Thank you for the fast consideration and corrections.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

- download buttons
I've changed the buttons to enable / disable when datalogs are present.
- Firmware update query
I understand what you're getting at here. Added to list.
- 3D graph selection / highlight
Fixed.
- Display use of jpg images.
Doesn't seem to work for all images - it is a bug in the compiler class libraries I use.
- Parameter window table resize.
Reproduced this. There's not much I can do - clicking on the 'Disable secondary o2' forces a redraw of the form, and Windows is not getting the windows size correct for the scroll bars.
- Display window action button
This will have to wait until I do custom hot keys for the rest of the windows.
- OBDII window
Added to list.
- FP status icon
Added to list. The FP does handle 'surprise removals' without any problems.
Hondata
myuser

Post by myuser »

I saw the v1.1.9.1 beta release and I have to send this:

FPM v1.1.8.5 and v1.1.9.1b
Improvements:

- Saving the calibration makes the parameter "Injector flow for fuel economy calc" decrease.
Example: Open one calibration and place '320' as "Injector flow for fuel economy calc".
The cursor should be in the textbox. Hit save 2 times. The value is now '318'. Leaving the
Textbox also produces the same result. Value Round issue?!? (present in 1191b)
- Exporting the datalog uses the 'Decimal symbol' in 'Regional Settings' to form the csv. This will make
the header with 38 columns and the data with 50 columns if the decimal symbol used is "," (present in 1191b)
- Adding a new comment in the 'Datalog' crash if the 'Decimal symbol' in 'Regional Settings' is set to ','
or another value different from '.' (present in 1191b).
  • Application: Hondata FlashPro Manager 1.1.9.1
    Time: 19-09-2011 09:11:11
    Expection: EConvertError
    Class: TPopupList
    Form: GraphForm
    Control: cboTemplate
    Stack trace: 0x75bfd36f 0x00470232 0x004494e3 0x00414c00 0x0046a542 0x00501230 0x0046abaa 0x777ac4e7 0x777ac5e7 0x777acc19 0x039d0858
- In a new control Bar Graph placing the decimal place in Range Colours cause FPM suddenly to close.
The example was with the AF sensor in the RangeColour property. The property "ValueMin" or "ValueMax" accept the decimal symbol. Crash also in the "ValueMin" / "ValueMax" if the decimal symbol is diferent from the "Regional Settings" in the OS. Example: "Regional Settings" with "Decimal Symbol"="," allow to place the "ValueMin"/"Value Max" with "14,7" and crash with "14.7" (present in 1191b)

- Some CAM tables have decimal places witch are not visible, only visible in copy paste operation. Wich takes me to a question if the decimal place is really used when setting the cam to a precise value like 12,5 or 12,7 or internally it just adjust to 12. (present in 1191b). Add possibility to view decimal values?

- Copy the values from the Cranking Table and paste, for example in the notepad, results in diferent values. The value used is the value entered/presented in the table or the pasted value? (present in 1191b)

- Saving a datalog from FP causes causes EAccessViolation. We could say that the datalog is big, eg 34Mb.
The processes of saving with or without the option compress get's the same error. The progress bar reachs to the end and the dialog with the progress bar closes (the reading from FP IMO is with success); some process after... causes this error. Next the saving process was done in two phases Download and Save. Next step was to try to Download the datalog and was performed with success. The graph is ploted correctly but saving gives the following error: (possibly in 1191b, didn't test it)
  • Application: Hondata FlashPro Manager 1.1.8.5
    Time: 12-09-2011 22:13:15
    Expection: EStreamError
    Class: TMainForm
    Form: GraphForm
    Control: cboTemplate
    Stack trace: 0x02d4051d 0x0045db37 0x004d40e0 0x0041f85f 0x00463dc2 0x0052eae3 0x00531b10 0x0053178b 0x0046442a 0x7e398734 0x7e398816
- Double click in Close Loop Lambda changes the values. Underneath is the lambda. The caption should be AF(:1)?
A combobox to change the value from "Lambda(:1)" to "AF(:1)"?

- Close Loop Target Lambda -> Decimal separator vs Value (regional settings/round?) (corrected in 1191b)
  • - Input the same value in the cell (ex.: 13.13 -> value 13.13 = correct)
    - Input the value as 13,13 then the value change to 13.00
- Paste some text in decimal values (2d tables) cause the following crash, and the cursor is always busy:
Only crash if the text has (TAB) char in to lines. The copy text is the 'Message' displayed in error Message + (crlf)+(tab)
  • Application: Hondata FlashPro Manager 1.1.9.1 - untitled*
    Time: 19-09-2011 11:26:46
    Expection: EConvertError
    Message: 'Message: Out of memory while expanding memory stream' is not a valid floating point value
    Class: TCalibrationGrid
    Form: CalibrationForm
    Control:
    Stack trace: 0x75bfd36f 0x00470232 0x0048d259 0x00490d61 0x00537753 0x0053a780 0x0046abaa 0x777ac4e7 0x777ac5e7 0x777a5294 0x03cb0752

I like the new beta especially the 2D graph in the tables(very good, surprised me)...
In the end all the effort is well worth it...
It makes me proud of you guys... and very happy ;)

Thanks,
JP
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Again, thanks for the feedback. Some of the problems were fairly simple and have been fixed in the beta version.

- Injector flow for fuel economy calc
Fixed

- Exporting the datalog
Fixed

- Adding a new comment in the 'Datalog'
Fixed

- Bar Graph decimal place using '.'
We'll look at this.

- Cranking Table copy and paste.
Fixed

- Out of memory while expanding memory stream
This is because we are running into the memory limit of a 32 bit process in Windows. It is on our list of things to look at.

- Double click in Close Loop Lambda
Fixed.

- Paste text with tab character into table
On our list of things to look at as well.
Hondata
Dan1987

Post by Dan1987 »

Would it be possible to add some more data sources for the datalogs? For example, I know we have the ability to plot knock retard but would it be possible to add ignition retard due to coolant temp and ignition retard due to intake air temp etc? that way it would be really easy to tweak the coolant and IAT ignition comp tables quickly and easily rather than trying to trace back through the calibration to find out why your ignition timing is lower than usual etc..
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU does not datalog that information.
Hondata
myuser

Post by myuser »

To Fix? (easy stuff) version used 1.1.9.6b :)
  • Print cause error if no modal window is available.
  • Print with the new component (2D table) expanded gives a black square with no information.
  • The menu option "Adjust" it is enabled when no window is visible. What about the above entries? Should it be like "Increase"/"Decrease"?
  • In the "Live Tuning Memory" the button "Select all" only select's the tables until the next item
    in the "Advance Table Selection" fill's the "Live Tuning Memory". Shouldn't select the maximum
    number of tables?
  • In the same window "Live Tuning" the other buttons don't increment in the table selection, is this correct?
  • Double clicking and while moving the mouse in the tables buttons makes them not responsive for a few while with single click.
    Could be improved, or is the correct behavior of the component?
  • The Display when is resized the image in the background is fuzzy. Need's refresh after resizing is completed.
  • Changing the Display to "Full Screen - F11" it only goes to full screen after two hit's. Should the parent be Maximized as well?
    It would be great if in the main window changed to "No border" and the Display resized to main screen size without menu;
    And to exit full screen use the double click.
  • After locking the controls in the display the "New button" and "Clear Display" options are available, is this correct?
  • In "Settings" selecting "Associate calibration (...)" and then hit the "Cancel" button the value is applied. Shouldn't work
    like the other settings?

Some questions:
  • It is possible to datalog the Neutral gear? In the datalog's there is some spikes when changing gears. Notice that changing
    gears up dosen't cause "spikes" only shifting down (Civic-Si-Race-0-demo as an example).
  • It is possible to place the current date/time (when first start recording, based in vehicle clock) in the datalog? Just a thought.
Possibilities/Features? :D
  • Configuration to retard the injection (INJ) a x number of miliseconds in gear change. To hold injection while shift, preventing from droping to soon.
    It's now in the new version (Over run fuel cut delay). This feature could be like the others high and low tables?
    Example: two tables high and low and/or different criteria (rpm, ECT, pressure or speed)
    - rpm low table until 4000 rpm high table above, or
    - ect low table until 82ºC, or
    - pressure 50 Kpa low table above high, or
    - 60mph low table above high (in traffic the change gears are more frequently)
  • New delay feature when turning ON/Auto the AirCon. this because to turn only the ventilation ON we must pass through the AirCon. this happen in European model, don't know about the Si.
    Conditions to make the AirCon not to draw suddently power when crusing or in higher rev's.
  • Add virtual sensors as an option for analysis like (Torque, HP, Miles Driven, 1/4 Mile Time, ... )
    - Optional by configuration (like advance parameters)
    - Some of this sensors are based on configuration other on the sensors already used (new sensor=formula of sensors).
    - This will provide further analysis in overall after a specific run, i.e. 1/4 mile or track analysis.
    - Plot the virtual sensors. Example: Power and Torque could provide usefull information.
  • The 3D view in "Cam tables" should be viewed in the other "side"?.
    Example: The higher cam prevents to see the lower cam. Have the view like Ignition, the higher value placed in the opposite side to the user.
    Or in the last case allow the user to rotate the graph. :)
  • Progress bar while exporting.
  • The Compare feature in the value "differences or difference" open a new window with the two tables showing the differences; this would be nice.
Sorry if my english isn't to correct.

Keep up the good work...
JP
ash_rage

Post by ash_rage »

Hondata wrote: * Datalog stops when engine starts
- possibly for a future version
I have this issue also since updating to the lastest beta version.

I previously reported it and was told the voltage was dropping too low during cranking, I have since got a new battery and the voltage is fine during cranking. The issue remains.

Thanks

Ashley
myuser

Post by myuser »

• WOT Table copy value and place the value copied into adjust textbox
    Ctrl+C in a cell and place it in the adjust textbox with Ctrl+V, only works with mouse right-hand click
    The focus is in the textbox and the Ctrl+V shortcut acts like is pasting in the table. Hit "Backspace" or
    "Delete" and the value remains (the value must be selected with the mouse to be changed).
  • Printing issue with the component solved.(y)
  • Print a loaded cal with all modal windows closed; Results in a crash and printing a blank page (better to disable menu option if no dialog?).
    • Application: Hondata FlashPro Manager 1.2.2.0 - untitled*
      Time: 17-01-2012 23:30:15
      Expection: EAccessViolation
      Message: Access violation at address 0044B284 in module 'FlashProManager.exe'. Read of address 00000458
      Class: TMainForm
      Form: MainForm
  • Undo History is filled but no Undo capability in some fields like:
    Injector Size; Fuel Pressure; Fuel Trim; (Possible in all Textbox's)
    If we change table box's it only can be undone if a table is changed.
    ?Could be a flag that only changes/permits the undo ability if a table is changed?
  • Different values in "Undo History"
    • "Overrun fuel cut delay"->"Time (ms)"
    • "Injector openning time"->"Time (us)", could be in other places
      Example: Value in Table: 622 changed to 700; Undo History: 610 to 688;
    • "AFM Fuel" -> "Injector (ms)"
      Example: Value in Table: 1,22 changed to 1,23; Undo History: from 1,116 to 1,13
  • "Undo History" some values only with: "(«text only») changed to («new value»)"; no «old value» present; Intended?
  • Possibility to change "Undo History" to "Change History" or something like it? This is because the name sugests that the table
    should be only filled with undo actions instead of change actions; ... or call it "History" and keep track of user input changes.
    No big deal;
  • Context menu position (tables only)
    If the main window is not maximized and pressing the right-click in the "Col" and """(unit) or
    a cell for adjusting the values while the main window position is not maximized the Context menu is not positioned correctly.
    Example: window normal in the right side of the screen right-click in WOT.
    No big deal;
Some points to check.

About dataloging the crank:
A new firmware stopped dataloging crank. I tried with new Varta battery and still the same.
I will check the previous datalogs to see the cranking and find what FW is it.
But it is something to confirm.

Thanks for all the effort (y)
JP
cyrik

Post by cyrik »

Hi,

I have an idea for the oil life %.

When a calibration is set to MAP and when we do a maintenance RESET, the computer could memorize the Odometer value and with a Target kilo before change the oil (example 6000 km) added in the flashpro manager you could program a simple linear rules for the oil%

Example:

(1-((actual Odo value - reset Odo value)/ Target kilo))*100 = oil life %.

Reset odo = 28 000 km
actual odo = 33 000 km
Target kilo= 6000 km

then the % Oil Life = (1-((33 000 - 28 000)/6000))*100 = 17%

The behavior of the oil life indicator could be like the OEM setting ... at 15% of oil life, the maintenance oil light turn on in the dash ....

That should be really cool to see Oil life running again ... and really easy to do. But I don't really know what you can do with the ROM of the ECU and the memory....

But that is a small idea ...
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

myuser : thank you for your comments.

cyrik: The race calibration does not support the oil change interval. The normal calibration does, and supports the hybrid AFM/MAP switching (like the FN2 & CRZ) for the next release. BTW the oil change interval is calculated by number of engine revolutions, not distance.
Hondata
tu5j4

Post by tu5j4 »

Don`t want to nag as I have proposed this some times before but I would be sooo glad with nitrous control as I now have to make do with 3 separate computers to get my direct port nitrous system to work on my FN2.
Nitrous control and flashpro integrated is just what I need.

Oh, and a flatshift feature would also be nice.
myuser

Post by myuser »

While stoping the Record in Autotune mode gives an error.
It is needed to stop firt the record, datalog and the we can disable autotune.
It is possible that could be UAC (User Account Control)?; but no question is asked
in the startup of the FlashPro Manager to confirm that FPM will make changes in the computer.
  • Application: Hondata FlashPro Manager 1.2.7.0 - C:\Sense\Hondata\Flashpro\FlashPro\Maps\Hybrid_8_1_1.fpcal
    Time: 10-03-2012 21:05:51
    Expection: EFCreateError
    Message: Cannot create file C:\Sense\Hondata\Flashpro\Datalogs\Hybrid_8_1_1-120310-000.fpdl
    Class: TToolBar
    Form: TableForm
    Control: cbTableList
    Stack trace: 0x75aad36f 0x00494b51 0x00494acd 0x00494c7e 0x00506afd 0x0044d2dc 0x0043e258 0x0049b0ee 0x00562f83 0x00566075 0x00565e5b
In this particulary case there was no internet connection; The "Send Error Report" works in this case? is generated some kind of "Error log" to upload when internet connection is available? if not it is possible to add in the Help menu a new option to report previous errors or a saved log of Errors and do the upload?

It is possible to add security/safety feature to be able to start the car with a specific combination of pedals and/or gears?
For instance: some one that take the key and is not supposed to, grand theft auto, starting while in gear. This will add more features and value to the FlashPro. This feature is not performance related but mearly a wish that could be great.

Thanks!
JP