Windows 7 Driver load help

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
bsmarch81

Windows 7 Driver load help

Post by bsmarch81 »

my laptop cant seem to load my ECU onto the smanager when i plug the usb in with the key on. Its an Acer with windows 7. seems like something is up with the usb driver for the s300 but i cant seem to figure it out. I go to manually update the driver and it starts to download and partially through it errors out and is unsuccesful.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 Driver load help

Post by Spunkster »

What is the error message?
nyabinghi

Post by nyabinghi »

It seems that I had the same problem when I first tried to use SManager on Windows 7.
What I did is to launch SManager in windows XP compatibility mode and all worked fine after that.
slowb20crx

windows 7 drivers

Post by slowb20crx »

please fix your s300 drivers for windows 7. tech support says its my computer which is brand spanking new with nothing on it, but wait I got 5 different laptops with windows 7 on them and guess what they all blue screen of death.... Now tell me that your drivers are not messed up. Ive installed the drivers you have in compatability with all versions of windows offered, on 7 and it still is the same.
I put on a xp machine and no problems. but the promlem there is that I dont own a laptop with xp on it and im not down grading or borrowing a laptop everytime i need to tune my car.
slowb20crx

Post by slowb20crx »

nyabinghi wrote:It seems that I had the same problem when I first tried to use SManager on Windows 7.
What I did is to launch SManager in windows XP compatibility mode and all worked fine after that.
not working for me on my windows 7 machine
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try downloading the FTDI clean utility from the FTDI website and run it, then reinstall the s300 driver. This is not a problem on our end, it is a problem with another FTDI driver overwriting files and causing a system instability.
slowb20crx

Post by slowb20crx »

Spunkster wrote:Try downloading the FTDI clean utility from the FTDI website and run it, then reinstall the s300 driver. This is not a problem on our end, it is a problem with another FTDI driver overwriting files and causing a system instability.
ive done all this and nothing. like i said on mutiple windows 7 laptops....
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

ive done all this and nothing
Really? What utility did you use and what VID and PID settings did you use when you ran it?
Hondata
slowb20crx

Post by slowb20crx »

problem solved. First take out ecu that has hondata in it and put it into a box. then put it in the basement, then reinstall chrome (which is reliable) tuning may be slower process but at least their stuff works correctly with all the extra stuff they get made by other people before they ship it to you.
If you know there is a problem with a product you sell whether its on your end or something you get from someone else, you might wanna think about getting it through someone else or fixing it.
i have tried everything to fix this problem from their website, your website, google website links and im getting no where. i have wasted my money but i will make sure people i know do not.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There are many thousand people using our software on Windows 7 without any issues. We use it here and have never had a problem. If you're not willing to try our suggestions, then how do you expect a solution to your problem?
Hondata