Multiple ECU programming modes

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
spyderbite9001

Multiple ECU programming modes

Post by spyderbite9001 »

This might be a bit of a naive question, but I was curious. The CR-Z has 3 modes for driving. (Eco, Normal and Sport) I was curious, with the FlashPro, which one do you modify? Can this modify how the IMA system responds too? Could I modify one (say, ECO) and leave the other two alone? That would be kinda neat to be able to drive to the track in normal, switch to a modified "sport" for a race or two, then simply put it back into normal for the drive home.

What I'd really like to do is modify how the IMA works on the car. In ECO it burns through the battery WAY too fast, and in Normal, it hardly uses it. I'd also like to disable the auto-shutoff when stopped in Sport. Little things like that drive me crazy.

Another bonus would be to control the charging of the battery too. In a 1/4mile pull, I drain the battery and since I can't plug it in, I have no choice but to drive it around to get battery back. I'd like to be able to sit in a spot, run the engine in neutral to recharge the battery for the next run.

I built a prototype battery charger (I'm an electrical engineer) but haven't gotten the guts to test it yet, so that would remedy the situation, but I'd still like to be able to charge the battery using the engine instead of hoping to find a nice hill to recharge.

Again, not sure if the FlashPro can even do these things. Any replies are greatly appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Multiple ECU programming modes

Post by Spunkster »

No this is not possible, as we do not make any changes to the battery or charging as it has a separate controller.

The different modes all use the same fuel maps to there is no way to have multiple calibrations on one ECU. You will just have to wait the minute and a half it takes to upload the secondary calibrations from the FlashPro or using your laptop.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

So does the different mode still function properly after flashing with flash pro?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

yes they do, the modes adjust the throttle response, not the fuel and ignition maps.
sirphoenix

Post by sirphoenix »

spyderbite9001 wrote:Another bonus would be to control the charging of the battery too. In a 1/4mile pull, I drain the battery and since I can't plug it in, I have no choice but to drive it around to get battery back. I'd like to be able to sit in a spot, run the engine in neutral to recharge the battery for the next run.
This isn't related to hondata but i couldn't refuse to post this here.
You don't have to modify anything, the CR-Z already does exactly what you want by default ;-)

Just park the car, put it in neutral and rev above 3000 rpm and the battery will start charging as long as you leave your foot on the gas.
Make sure you at least open the hood to prevent overheating as a full charge from 3 to 8 bars takes a couple of minutes.
amurciano

Post by amurciano »

Has this feature been updated. So I am asking the question again, am I able to assign different MAPs to Normal and Sport mode and leave ECO/Comfort mode the same.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No changes have been made