k20 reflash

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
drag2

k20 reflash

Post by drag2 »

i just recieved my computer back from hondata with the re-flash done.
my car redlines at 8600 but the vtec change over sound occurs somewhere btwn 5600 and 5800. it also feels like my car's holding back. it doesn't feel any faster than it did with the stock computer. the best gas offered in the town i live in is 90 octane and i read that you guys did your test with 91 octane. could that be the reason i haven't notcied any real changes?

thanks,
drag2
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The stock rev counter is not accurate, so VTEC may be at 5300 or 5400 rpm. If you are unsure then put the car on the dyno. 90 octane will work OK.
Hondata
drag2

Post by drag2 »

i have a aem cai and a greddy catback exhaust. can you estimate and tell me what my hp and tq numbers should be with the hondata re-flash.
another question...i bought the car about two months ago, i've never driven a 2002 type-s before but i thought the car was pretty fast with just the intake and exhaust. is it possible that my computer could've had the reflash system already loaded onto it? if it did, would your downloading system tell you if the re-flash has already been downloaded to the car's computer? also i feel a dip in power btwn 5000 and 5500 rpm's.

sorry for so many questions...its just that i've read so many good reveiws about this re-flash being the best 600$ upgrade you could possible have.

thanks
drag2