Australian Accord Euro 04-08 Model Flashpro Compatibility

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
beaugus

Australian Accord Euro 04-08 Model Flashpro Compatibility

Post by beaugus »

Hi Hondata, great to see that you guys are working on a Flashpro solution for TSX owners :) Just had a quick question, will the Flashpro for TSX eventually support overseas models such as our Accord Euro here in Australia? It's to my understanding that there are some differences between ECU's so I wasn't sure if it would be a software feature within Flashpro manager itself that enables/disables applicable sensors or if it would be a selectable basemap that talks with the applicable ECU to retain its features (I think off the top of my head the major difference was the VSA and Evap sensors that were different, not to sure)

Anyway I'm really glad and thankful you guys have decided to make the solutions possible for TSX owners, I've been purposely holding off getting a reflash in hope that Flashpro would eventually be available after the great success we've had with it on our Civic Type-R so fingers crossed international support continues :)
beaugus

Re: Australian Accord Euro 04-08 Model Flashpro Compatibilit

Post by beaugus »

Has there been any updates regarding international availability as yet?

Would be more than happy to offer a 05' Model for testing with an 07-08 ECU if Hondata would be looking to expand the Flashpro compatibility with international Accord Euro models.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is unlikely that we will support non US vehicles. Development is extremely difficulty without direct long term access to the exact vehicle here. Also I think people tend to underestimate the development cost by about two orders of magnitude.
Hondata
beaugus

Post by beaugus »

Thats a bit of a shame Hondata :( Access to something like the Flashpro on Accord Euro's here would really open up a lot more tuning potential over the now very obsolete and overpriced Reflash that is offered locally here which is mainly the reason I never bothered buying the reflash for our Euro because the dealer set price here is ridiculous compared to the US reflash prices and on top of that the turnaround time is 2+ weeks because apparently the reflashing isn't done locally its sent of to the U.S anyway so somebody is pocking over a $1000 just for the sake of offering the service.

I suppose the only hope here on out would be to buy and import a TSX ECU and TSX Flashpro unit to install in our domestic Euro's but based on a handful of responses on forums the TSX ECU differ's slightly with a few sensors like VSA and the Evap sensors etc and I know by experience with the Flashpro for our Euro FN2 Type-R some sensor features eventually were added over time.

Not that my opinion matter but I really think you're missing out on a great opportunity both user base and profit wise by limiting availability and development to U.S vehicles because there are a heap of Accord Euro owners here in Australia and as they're significantly cheaper than the FN2 more and more people are buying second hand examples looking and a good majority of the people who are interesting in modifying their Euro's always come stuck to the same problem when it comes to engine management.

Anyway thats my thoughts, but above all you're always doing great work with Flashpro and have given the good majority of us access to more tuning potential than ever before especially for us FN2 owners. Partly the reason we bought our Accord Euro was to somewhat replicate the same tuning success in time with a Flashpro solution purely because of how good the product is.
chr1s

Post by chr1s »

I completely agree with Beaugus. The "TSX" here is starting to get cheap and entering the affordable performance/luxury market for many young enthusiasts, the type that are willing to piss around with money and try make them go fast, just like their DC5 and K swapped brotherin's (saying that having come from one!)

I would like to also extend my offer for R&D support - not for discounted prices, im not interested in getting an ECU cheap, I'm still wiling to pay the full price for a unit as long as Doug/Hondata you can work along side us and assist us iron out the potential issues. I don't believe that you need to modify an AUDM ECU. I can't see why we can't use the USDM TSX ecu and modify the wiring harness/run a US sensor to keep the ECU happy.

I was about to purchase my flashpro until I saw this thread.. which I have now held off as I don't want to be stuck with a unit worth nothing over here..

I have "heard" that someone is running the USDM Flashpro in our AUDM vehicles with the EVAP and fuel pressure regulator in the tank disabled to keep the ECU happy, aside from that.. it looks like happy days!

Believe me.. you guys have a potential market of massive sales. The "TSX" here is a very very very popular car.

Yes - I know my way around ECU tuning, wiring harness and mechanicals of a car.

P.S - I haven't really researched why we can't use a US ECU in our cars just yet, I'm trying to get my hands on a wiring diagram of both pinouts for the ECU's, if you know what I should start looking into to rectify something, pass the information down and those who can see this thread can assist in the background also...

Cheers,
Chris
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

why you want to modify AUDM ECU, there is no need to do this. Just use TSX 07-08 ECU and Flashpro for it. EUDM users used 04-05 TSX ECU's and got only 3 error codes: P0498, P0453, P0128. The same should be for AUDM also. All these 3 errors are disabled by default in Flashpro manager, so no any CEL light in the dashboard. I know who will be testing this in the EUDM Accord CL9, report here with outcome ;)
Known as Vaikis_
chr1s

Post by chr1s »

I wouldn't bother modifying an AUDM ECU - I was prepared to purchase a US '07-'08 ECU with Flashpro already done, plug it straight into my '08 TSX and hope it all worked fine..

I "read" somewhere that someone had issues with CEL's that wouldn't go away but now it's starting to make sense that it was the guys with '04-'06 TSX's.

If you are saying that the CELs will not be on the display.. well it should work fine!

When are you going to be trying this out?

Cheers,
Chris
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

chr1s wrote:I wouldn't bother modifying an AUDM ECU - I was prepared to purchase a US '07-'08 ECU with Flashpro already done, plug it straight into my '08 TSX and hope it all worked fine..

I "read" somewhere that someone had issues with CEL's that wouldn't go away but now it's starting to make sense that it was the guys with '04-'06 TSX's.

If you are saying that the CELs will not be on the display.. well it should work fine!

When are you going to be trying this out?

Cheers,
Chris
waiting Flashpro at the moment, TSX ECU 07-08 arrive this week ;) So at the end of this month I know how it's.
Known as Vaikis_
K_A_N_O

Post by K_A_N_O »

any update this for the audm accords?
05 UKDM CL9 Accord.