Mugen RR

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
raptor15

Mugen RR

Post by raptor15 »

Hi one of my customers has a original FD2 Mugen RR. I would like to supply him with a FP. But he had a few questions that i want to clarify before i proceed with the tune and the sale.

1) If he was to "return ECU to stock" would it flash back the original map that came on the car? or a stock fd2r map?
2) is there any known issues that will come up such as "electronic power steering" malfunction indicator coming on or incorrect speed on the dash?
3) Which FP will work with the car? FP-SI-INT?
4)Which calibration would be best to start of with?
5) The honda dealership here will not be able to flash the VIN to the ecu if the VIN is not already flashed. The car was privately imported from japan.

I hope you can give me some good feedback, i have tuned a few FP's before in Malaysia and had minimal problems, but now i have moved to sri lanka and we don't have much resources if things start to go wrong...

cheers
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Mugen RR

Post by Hondata »

What ECU does the Mugen RR use? If not stock, it is not supported.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the part number of the ECU?
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

The customer is bringing the car to me on saturday. I will check and get back to you
august77

Post by august77 »

raptor15 wrote:Hi one of my customers has a original FD2 Mugen RR. I would like to supply him with a FP. But he had a few questions that i want to clarify before i proceed with the tune and the sale.

1) If he was to "return ECU to stock" would it flash back the original map that came on the car? or a stock fd2r map?
2) is there any known issues that will come up such as "electronic power steering" malfunction indicator coming on or incorrect speed on the dash?
5) The honda dealership here will not be able to flash the VIN to the ecu if the VIN is not already flashed. The car was privately imported from japan.

I hope you can give me some good feedback, i have tuned a few FP's before in Malaysia and had minimal problems, but now i have moved to sri lanka and we don't have much resources if things start to go wrong...

cheers
Hi,

Please do not use the Mugen ECU, or else you will regret!! Coz RTS, will only flash an equivalent FD2R map, and not the Mugen map in the original Mugen ECU.

August
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

august77 wrote:
raptor15 wrote:Hi one of my customers has a original FD2 Mugen RR. I would like to supply him with a FP. But he had a few questions that i want to clarify before i proceed with the tune and the sale.

cheers
Hi,

Please do not use the Mugen ECU, or else you will regret!! Coz RTS, will only flash an equivalent FD2R map, and not the Mugen map in the original Mugen ECU.

August

Does that imply during the RTS process, the stock map comes from the Hondata unit ?
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

cheers

Based on my experience with the flashpro, I think you should keep your Mugen ECU untouched.
august77

Post by august77 »

engjoo: Yes, when performing to RTS, the stock map will be from Hondata.

The Mugen ECU uses the same ECU as the FD2R.. so, you should be able to reflash it using FlashPro.

As the Mugen ECU on the RR is limited and hard to come by... I would leave the Mugen ECU alone.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

august77 wrote:engjoo: Yes, when performing to RTS, the stock map will be from Hondata.

The Mugen ECU uses the same ECU as the FD2R.. so, you should be able to reflash it using FlashPro.

As the Mugen ECU on the RR is limited and hard to come by... I would leave the Mugen ECU alone.
Goodness. How would I know if my version of ECU is receiving the correct version of the stock map!
august77

Post by august77 »

engjoo... don worry. The Hondata RTS map will work on your car.
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

So what other solution does HONDATA have for the MUGEN RR that will not compromise the stock program?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote:What is the part number of the ECU?
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

cheers
Get a new ecu and keep your Mugen ecu untouched.
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

so K-Pro? i still have not checked the ecu part number
august77

Post by august77 »

raptor15 wrote:so K-Pro? i still have not checked the ecu part number
K-pro will not be a plug and play solution for Mugen RR as K-Pro works on DBC only..

What civicRSA is saying, find another ECU from a DBW Civic and use that as the ECU in the Mugen RR for reflashing instead.