K-Manager - Verify Feature

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
kwanjie

K-Manager - Verify Feature

Post by kwanjie »

I accidentally did Verify while my car was on.... does that do any harm?
Hondata
Site Admin

Verify

Post by Hondata »

No. You don't really need to verify as this is performed automatically while uploading.
Hondata
lanman2000

Post by lanman2000 »

what if the verify feature says there are 151 errors?? is that a problem??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If there are any errors when using the verify then you will need to close the software, reopen it , reload the calibration, then re-upload the file. Then verify the calibration to make sure there are no errors.
ares650

Post by ares650 »

What changes can be done while the motor is running? Can I do any on the fly changes to a map?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is not recommended to do any changes while driving the car. You may be able to make a small change while the engine is running, but again, THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
ares650

Post by ares650 »

Spunkster wrote:It is not recommended to do any changes while driving the car. You may be able to make a small change while the engine is running, but again, THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
Why is it not recommended? Cause it a shut down the engine or harm the ECU. I don't mean while driving the car, just running the motorer.
GTI

Post by GTI »

The engine may stall, but not always.
Other than that I do not have any problem.
I have been doing it since day one.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Keep in mind that you will have to wait 10 seconds for the ecu to come out of startup mode everytime you upload to it. Until then the cams will be locked at the 0 position.
midnight runner

Post by midnight runner »

Spunkster wrote:If there are any errors when using the verify then you will need to close the software, reopen it , reload the calibration, then re-upload the file. Then verify the calibration to make sure there are no errors.
i did that.. and it still says there are 40 errors. i did it with two different calibrations also. Am i doing something wrong?

will it hurt to run the car with errors?