Android/iPhone APP

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
IcEMoCHa

Android Application

Post by IcEMoCHa »

I would like to suggest on developing an Android application for the tablet/phone that can communicate with flashpro to show a customised dash template and maybe do datalogging on the tablet itself without the tuning capability. Since new tablets comes with USB ports, the flashpro can be plugged into the device itself instead of needing another interface device.

It might further promote your product. If you look at the bluetooth ELM327 devices to communicate to the phone/tablet via bluetooth that are on the market now and the applications to show the engine parameters using those devices. They are selling quite well at $50 for the bluetooth ELM327 device and $9.99 for the application.

I have a flashpro myself and wouldn't hesitate to buy the application for ~$25 if it were to be developed for the Android.

Hope this suggestion can further improve the development of your products Hondata. :)

Example photos attached ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adrians

Re: Android Application

Post by adrians »

agree, android app would be very helpful
Boofster

Post by Boofster »

An iOS (iPad) version would be even awesomer :)
Da Boost
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

Boofster wrote:An iOS (iPad) version would be even awesomer :)
Would be great if iOS devices have an USB interface to communicate with.. But the Apple application development rules prohibits it.. Uhh..
Luke

Android/iPhone APP

Post by Luke »

Hi Guys,

what do you think about making (together) an application for android phones/tablets and/or iPhone/iPad.

nothing huge, in the first step, just a datalogging tool. with the sensors and the data (to confirm) there would be a lot of things possible, even a road-dyno.

in a second step there could be a tuning solution be made, for S300 users.

what do you think about that? possible? or are the read-algorithms such a huge treasure, that has to be kept?

best regards Lukas
jmuracn

Re: Android/iPhone APP

Post by jmuracn »

i'm 100% new to all of this. I'm one of those long time D motor guys that is finally jumping to a K

Personally i'd like it to do:
1. rev limiter adjustment
2. datalogging
3. be able to load preloaded maps

I'm just thinking out loud... I think it would be a great option.
MarkyMark203

Post by MarkyMark203 »

Any news to topic? I was just saying this last night to some friends.
ngswimmer08

Post by ngswimmer08 »

Can we please get a kmanager app for android??

Would def pay good $$$ for it!!
alexEF

Post by alexEF »

this is quite interesting... i hope hondata chime in to give us some insight...
AlexWoods

Post by AlexWoods »

RE UP for android app as IcEMoCHa suggested. Come on Hondata, you can easily release this ! :)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There are many OBDII datalogging applications already available, including android.
Hondata
BoostedLS98

Post by BoostedLS98 »

I think an app is needed for hondata to stay with the times. Technology runs this world and I love my s300v2 on my turbo ls integra, but I hate bringing my laptop in the car. Bought a mini pc to use for car only but it's hard to use if you want to do instant one handed changes. Although I love the format and easy navigation but an app would be awesome!

Hondata please!!! iPhone app!!!
Luke

Post by Luke »

there would be a sollution: if hondata would open their datalogging protocol, there would be a possibility, to write an own program for at least data logging which would work via USB with tablets and/or smartphones

but will Hondata do that? i'm not quite sure nor I know, what happens, if you plug in the S300 to a smartphone. how will it be recognized?
Tran

Post by Tran »

I was trying to download the Appication on my android tablet. It wouldn't work. It be cool if Hondata does something like this for flashpro
fryguy190

Post by fryguy190 »

my Dad has an app for his mega squirt ECU on his Miata and its pretty neat. and it uses a bluetooth adapter on the usb so he can connect wireless on his andriod tablet. he donst have to use any aftermarket gauges.

It would be nice to beable to do the same with Hondata.