SManager V1.5.3 beta

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: SManager V1.5.3 beta

Post by Hondata »

First, a file filter of *.skl and *.re4 will show both types of file.

Second, none of the file open / save behaviour has been altered in the last 4-5 years.

Third, you should not save any calibrations in the same directory as SManager (or under 'Program Files'), otherwise Windows will more the calibrations somewhere else for you. See 'Vista Virtualization'. This is almost certainly your problem, but we can't tell because of the last point below.

For the love of god tell us what the actual directory locations are. All you have to do is search for *.skl and then tell us where the files were. We've asked 3-4 times now.
Hondata
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

Hondata wrote:First, a file filter of *.skl and *.re4 will show both types of file.

Second, none of the file open / save behaviour has been altered in the last 4-5 years.

Third, you should not save any calibrations in the same directory as SManager (or under 'Program Files'), otherwise Windows will more the calibrations somewhere else for you. See 'Vista Virtualization'. This is almost certainly your problem, but we can't tell because of the last point below.

For the love of god tell us what the actual directory locations are. All you have to do is search for *.skl and then tell us where the files were. We've asked 3-4 times now.
ok, when I search *.skl I found 12 of my files and some of my datalogs under: users>V-spec>documents>S300 calibrations. These are not all my files, and every time I save them after the tune, I go to click file and save as and that's it. I've been saving all my files this way since day one and I never had any problem looking/uploading my files. All I have to do is open Smanager, click the folder where my existing calibration and viola, all my calibrations are there. But now, I open Smanager, same way I've been doing and click the folder where my existing calibrations and all I see is ( calibration "for base maps" and driver) I hope that helps. Jaker is having the same problem I encountered so It's not just me. Any one else can chime in if you guys have any problem like what I"m having? thanks.
Funnyboy

Post by Funnyboy »

More than 2 years ago i asked for full table of Target AFR and i remember i got full topic full of approvals its a needed feature. Thus havent heard of anyone thinking about implementing it.

Hondata is a valuable company and ive been using it since very long time but i really miss this such a simple feature.

Full table of Target AFR, hondata will you make it?
locash

Post by locash »

Try putting that in the feature request section please, not the beta discussion thread.

For what its worth, I dont see a need for it anyway, its not like the S300 has WOT high speed closed loop anyway.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
TheWickedOne1

Post by TheWickedOne1 »

So, since V1.5.2. I've been having an issue where downloading an existing map from a ECU, brings down a completely different calibration. I thought i was going crazy at first, but i then uploaded the correct tune in the car again setup for 1000cc injectors. I then switched power off, then powered car back on and downloaded the map again and gave me a completely different map again, i verified this by all my settings, Current injectors size changed, Fuel tables and Timing tables changed etc. I know Hondata prompts the user that it is recommended to always upload map as well check for accuracy. But what could've started all this ? I didn't have an issue on V1.4.8... very strange...I downloaded V1.5.3. I'll see if it continues with this version.

Thanks
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

TheWickedOne1 wrote:So, since V1.5.2. I've been having an issue where downloading an existing map from a ECU, brings down a completely different calibration. I thought i was going crazy at first, but i then uploaded the correct tune in the car again setup for 1000cc injectors. I then switched power off, then powered car back on and downloaded the map again and gave me a completely different map again, i verified this by all my settings, Current injectors size changed, Fuel tables and Timing tables changed etc. I know Hondata prompts the user that it is recommended to always upload map as well check for accuracy. But what could've started all this ? I didn't have an issue on V1.4.8... very strange...I downloaded V1.5.3. I'll see if it continues with this version.

Thanks
V1.5.3 still no bueno. I still have the same problem.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

Im having an issue with adding fuel to a car. I need to do more testing to see if its an issue with the beta. i have my targets at 11.5 under boost and am tuning wastegate 6psi i have added 15% more fuel to the cells that said 12.1 but when i do anther run it still says 12.1 with any adding of fuel. I should know more later this week. i dont want to up the boost and have a lean condition.

Car has dauchtworks 1000cc injectors, full-blown twin walboro setup, aeromotive a1000 fpr. injector ms are 6sec, duty 28%. plenty of fuel but the car isnt taking anymore then 12.1
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12617

made a post with this issue please let me know something asap as customer is restless.
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
TheWickedOne1

Post by TheWickedOne1 »

V-Spec race development wrote:
TheWickedOne1 wrote:So, since V1.5.2. I've been having an issue where downloading an existing map from a ECU, brings down a completely different calibration. I thought i was going crazy at first, but i then uploaded the correct tune in the car again setup for 1000cc injectors. I then switched power off, then powered car back on and downloaded the map again and gave me a completely different map again, i verified this by all my settings, Current injectors size changed, Fuel tables and Timing tables changed etc. I know Hondata prompts the user that it is recommended to always upload map as well check for accuracy. But what could've started all this ? I didn't have an issue on V1.4.8... very strange...I downloaded V1.5.3. I'll see if it continues with this version.

Thanks
Yes, I tuned a car today with V.1.5.3 .. Same issue
TheWickedOne1

Post by TheWickedOne1 »

FreshDA9 wrote:http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12617

made a post with this issue please let me know something asap as customer is restless.

Not a issue with V.1.5.3. I responded to your post in the other thread
TheWickedOne1

Post by TheWickedOne1 »

TheWickedOne1 wrote:
V-Spec race development wrote:

Thanks
Yes, I tuned a car today with V.1.5.3 .. Same issue

Hondata/Spunkster, Just checking in to see if you guys are investigating the download issue ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The download code has not changed in about 5 years, so I doubt there is a problem specific to the beta version.

However, if you want us to look at this, you need to start by giving the steps to reproduce. The calibration you uploaded and the version of software you uploaded with would be the bare minimum to start with.
Hondata
TheWickedOne1

Post by TheWickedOne1 »

Hondata wrote:The download code has not changed in about 5 years, so I doubt there is a problem specific to the beta version.

However, if you want us to look at this, you need to start by giving the steps to reproduce. The calibration you uploaded and the version of software you uploaded with would be the bare minimum to start with.

Yes, i would like you guys to pursue as I'm not the only one experiencing this in this thread.

Step 1. Upload Map that you are familiar with - e.g. 1000cc injectors, 3 Bar Motec Map sensor etc..
Step 2. After Map is uploaded to ECU. Proceed to Download Map that you just uploaded in Step 1 and see if all settings are the same such as Fuel tables, Injector sizing etc. From what I experienced everything changed, when downloaded, a factory basemap is displayed. 240cc injectors. stock map, fuel tables changed etc.

This was loaded with version 1.5.2, and 1.5.3 and downloaded with same versions as well.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Don't use 1.5.2, Only use 1.5.3.

Post your calibration.
TheWickedOne1

Post by TheWickedOne1 »

Spunkster wrote:Don't use 1.5.2, Only use 1.5.3.

Post your calibration.
As of recent I am on 1.5.3. still the same issue. You can use any modified calibration.

Thanks
G. Eng