FlashProManager V1.1.8.5 (beta)

FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

FlashProManager V1.1.8.5 (beta)

Post by Hondata »

This releases adds boost control for the S2000.

V1.1.8.1 (30 March 2011)
* FlashPro firmware updated to version 31.
* Fixed problem where live tuning table selection window would display incorrect amount of live tuning memory.
* [S2000 - All] Added boost control output.
* [Civic 155hp - Asia] Added 37820-RRH-U910 to 37820-RRH-U930 to supported ECUs.

V1.1.8.2 (13 April 2011)
* FlashPro firmware updated to version 32.
* [S2000 - US] Fixed boost cut not showing.
* [Civic CTR - Asia] Added support for the FN2 CTR (RSP-J010).
* [Civic R18] Added support for ECU part 37820-RNA-A74.

V1.1.8.3 (13 April 2011)
* Fixed save/load for regional settings using a decimal separator of ,

V1.1.8.4 (29 April 2011)
* Fixed S2000 datalogging from FlashPro.
* Changed the FlashPro status bar icon to an hourglass when the FlashPro is busy.
* Changed the 3D table tracing to accurately show the cells which are being read.
* Fixed inserting/deleting rpm indexes on the boost duty table.
* [Civic CTR - Asia] Added ECT sensor type (primary or secondary).

V1.1.8.5 (12 May 2011)
* FlashPro firmware updated to version 34.
* [Civic CTR - Euro] Added support for the RSP-E120 ECU.
Last edited by Hondata on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hondata
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

Would it be possible to add "Individual cyl. ignition trim" for the low cam and another "Individual cyl. ignition trim" for the high cam? I find that in part throttle on the low cam cyl. 2 and 3 have audible knock, but running on the high cam it has 0 audible knock. If I add -2% on cyl.2 and -1% on cyl. 3 it seems to help when running on the low cam but I don't want this setting for the high cam.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Not easily.

If you're getting knock readings at part throttle, I suggest you look at the supercharger, unless the knock does go away with less timing. It is pretty common for superchargers to make a lot of noise on the low cam, sometimes even from too little ignition timing.
Hondata
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

Hondata wrote:Not easily.

If you're getting knock readings at part throttle, I suggest you look at the supercharger, unless the knock does go away with less timing. It is pretty common for superchargers to make a lot of noise on the low cam, sometimes even from too little ignition timing.
True, but In my case if I reduce timing then it does go away.

I can hear the pinging 2k to about 4k rpm under light load, if I reduce to where it's not audible then the car feels like crap. These symptoms did reduce when I freed up my exhaust but are still present just not as bad. knock becomes audible when the IAT temps get to around 170 to 190+ with coolant temps at 189 to 196F and this is only on the low cam what is that?
Last edited by Pir8pete on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mucter

Post by mucter »

Then you should use the IAT comp and make sure it's set to run against the MBT, not the KIL.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

mucter wrote:Then you should use the IAT comp and make sure it's set to run against the MBT, not the KIL.
what is MBT and KIL?
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

@Hondata

What is this Fuel Economy option you have added, how does it work?

Also do you think you could try and add that option I mentioned in the above post?
ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

Pir8pete wrote:
mucter wrote:Then you should use the IAT comp and make sure it's set to run against the MBT, not the KIL.
what is MBT and KIL?
Mean best timing and Knock ignition limit.

Those IAT's seem really high to me, do you not have an intercooler or aftercooler? I'm boosted and I've never seen IAT's over 140. Instead of pulling timing from individual cylinders just use the IAT compensation tables and pull a couple degrees out when the IAT's get hot.
mucter

Post by mucter »

He's supercharged, with an M62 blower. Those IAT's are normal when measured past the blower. Re-indexing the IAT ign comp tables and properly compensating for air temp is the right way to do it.

I hate to break it to you Pete, but Hondata's not here to teach you how to tune. They are here to provide you with tools to tune IF you know how to tune and understand all of the concepts and principles that govern a modern EFI engine. You should be doing your own research on these principles. Inundating them with questions about simple things like these will get you nowhere fast.

Anyways, I thought VitViper had stepped up and gave you a tune? If you're messing with the tune he gave you... you've made a mistake and probably just messed it up when you should have left it alone and try to ENJOY your car instead of fussing with it all the time.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

mucter wrote:He's supercharged, with an M62 blower. Those IAT's are normal when measured past the blower. Re-indexing the IAT ign comp tables and properly compensating for air temp is the right way to do it.

I hate to break it to you Pete, but Hondata's not here to teach you how to tune. They are here to provide you with tools to tune IF you know how to tune and understand all of the concepts and principles that govern a modern EFI engine. You should be doing your own research on these principles. Inundating them with questions about simple things like these will get you nowhere fast.

Anyways, I thought VitViper had stepped up and gave you a tune? If you're messing with the tune he gave you... you've made a mistake and probably just messed it up when you should have left it alone and try to ENJOY your car instead of fussing with it all the time.
It’s not like that at all, I do know how to use FP manager and it’s settings, trust me my car is not straight forward as you and others online seem to think!

Here’s the deal;

I was running the CT-e stage1 with no issues and then upgraded to the stage 2 package with only two issue’s. Doug forgot to enable my curse and I had a bad case of the “cold start”, so I order FP and the second I upload the base MAP I was getting bad audible PT knock, WTF and tried everything to fix it, so I went to Steve and paid for an e-tune and Dan started tuning my setup. After months of trying we couldn't get it work properly. In the mist of this I noticed my flex pipe was leaking and stinking up the cabin so I went to a performance shop around the corner and had them replace my flex and cat from the Vibrant 4-2-1 w/ HFC as they said the cat broke and turned too. They suggested replacing it with a “turbo flex” and a new cat and so I agreed. Vit and Steve jumped in to assist Dan and at the same time I said fuk this something really wrong here still as the issue was still there and I had enough and tried everything I knew. By chance around this time I was recommended a shop with a decent tuner that had an in house dyno as this was what I was looking for, for months.
This shop found the newly installed flex pipe melted and long with the new HFC as the heat was concentrated to one spot and closed off my exhaust to the size of a finger hole. They also found my brand new 725cc ID injectors pnp jumpers order from Evan’s to be bad, what crappy luck and to hell with the first local shop that lied to me! This shop ran a straight pipe, no cat as recommended by Vit too. They also soldered the fuel injector clips with their pig tails directly into the harness.
As the entire E-tune team was involved with this local shop that had the in house dyno, so after their tune with the help from Vit as there tuner was not too familiar with this car/setup and FP, the car runs 10x better now I’m back to where I should have been in the first place. If it wasn’t for all those odd issue’s I could have done most of the tuning my self with easy.
At this time I’m still getting some PT audible knock but not too bad and if it wasn't for me edited this "dyno tuned MAP" it would be worse.

NOTE: I did notice after we freeing up the exhaust the PT knock was almost gone. I'm going to try and do a test, take off my Catback and run with just the header and see what happens?

@Hondata
Again I ask Hondata to add the option to have “individual cyl. Ignition trim” for the low cam and one for the high cam, as I do see a trend with alot of setups with audible knock at PT driving around whether it be supercharged, turbo, or N/A it's always cyl.2 and 3 on the low cam.
I think this would be a great feature as for me I don’t want to unbalance the cyl.’s for the high cam, as it runs great.
Also I have tried everything, even the setting you mention, but to keep the IAT lower, so we’ll see when I'm aftercooler if this still happens at PT on the low cam

I could even test this in a beta internal release if you'd like?

As you read and now know I have been through a shlt storm modding this car. I have learn a lot and could even tune another persons setup like mine with clear path of what to do.

Hope you enjoy this long read lol
Last edited by Pir8pete on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pir8pete

Post by Pir8pete »

sometimes I just don't know why I explain this story, I have gone blue in the face many times and ppl just don't believe me till they see it in person. Maybe I should drive to Hondata and say here's my car have fun, call me when your done figuring it out.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

You already have the tools available to tune out audible knock... they are:

Ignition low (0/15/30/40/50 cam angles)
Ignition high (0/15/30/40/50 cam angles)
IAT ignition comp
Gear ignition comp
ECT ignition comp
Individual cylinder trim

If that's not enough, then it'll never be enough. I'd rather Derek spent his time on useful features than garbage that only affects one person.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Hey Derek, what is that fuel mileage flow table? How does that effect fuel mileage and what do I do with it? There is nothing in the help file anywhere. Thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This feature is for a particular European vehicle with a trip meter. It does
not make any different for US vehicles or vehicles without trip meters.
Hondata
Jean-Lo

Post by Jean-Lo »

Hondata wrote:This feature is for a particular European vehicle with a trip meter. It does
not make any different for US vehicles or vehicles without trip meters.
can you be more clear on this point ?
This table can correct some problems with the trip meter on FN2 ?
Civic Type R FN2