Laptop crash... cant retrieve calibration.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Rage performance

Laptop crash... cant retrieve calibration.

Post by Rage performance »

Guys my laptop crashed with my tune, now the calibration that is on the ECU S300 how can I retrieve that calibration that is in the S300? I bought a new laptop and download the newest version 1.4.7.0 , when I switch the car on and connect the USB to the S300 it connects and sat Online at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.When I go to download from ECU a window pops up and ask if i want to go ahead and get file from ecu, I click ok and another small window appears and says reading with a progress bar , but it stays like that for hours and nothing happens.. Can I get help on this. Car went 7.8 in the 1/8 mile with a stock B16a and GT3255e turbo@ 11 psi.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you cannot read from the S300 then you will have to start with a new calibration. If this was tuned by someone else you may want to contact them to see if they can email you the file. You may have been using very old software and after using the new software the firmware was updated.
kevin

Post by kevin »

kirk send the complete ecu to jason whitfield i will try to retrieve it for you
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

Personally I'd remove the hard drive from the old laptop and connect it to your new one via USB...you can then access all the files on the drive.
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
CarlosSpiceyWiener

Post by CarlosSpiceyWiener »

So let me get this straight:

We tuned my car with another laptop using SManager at the dyno, that tune is now in my ECU running my car.

I cannot come home, use my laptop and pull that calibration down so I can fiddle with it?

That seems to be a huge problem to me....

I ask because I'm having the same issue and all I want to do is go in and lower my idle but I can't without getting the file from the original tuner!??!?
1994 Accord LX Sedan - Built H22A Super 60
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

You can but it's not recommended as it is possible to corrupt the calibration currently in the ECU.
You should have got a copy of the calibration after it was mapped. Contact the person who mapped your car.
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
EkJimmy

Post by EkJimmy »

make sure you have all windows closed in s300 and datalogging is off (the lightening symbol off) then try downloading from ecu