PLX wideband & PRA EUDM ECU

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
retroid

PLX wideband & PRA EUDM ECU

Post by retroid »

Please I need some info.

(My car is an european Civic TypeR EP3 (MY 2004) k20A2 engine, PRA ECU)

Can I use the PLX wideband sensor as primary... so remove the (primary) OEM narrowband one and use the narrowband 0-1V output from the PLX module?

For Kpro/data logging I will connect the wideband output (0 - 5V) to the ELD (pin 15 on PRA ECU)

I found that the stock PRA ECU narrowband use 0- 1,25V voltage signal
but the PLX narrowband signal is only 0 -1V ... so 0.25V of difference.

I'm afraid that this combination will not work....

If I can't connect the PLX as above I must put a bung before the cat. Is there a prefered location or I can put it right next to the primary OEM sensor. I'm asking this because I'm thinking that put it in a wrong place will create exhaust turbulence....

thank you! :D
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

As we do not have any European cars here this is not something we have ever tested. It should work though. You might want to ask around with other Europeans and find out there experience.
retroid

Post by retroid »

so made a short test with the lambda wired as above. seems working.... (k20a2 factory map)

so PLX module narrowband voltage signal to ECU O2 primary input and wideband signal to ELD. I don't put the resistors to fool the ECU that the oem lambda is still there but i disable the O2 heater after getting the error code.

the car seems fine but I can't test on the road right now, just let it idle to see how the gauges and data logging works. it was all done in closed loop because I wanted to see how the PLX narrowband signal works.

What AFR figures I should read with the k20a2 factory map on a warm engine at idle?

many thanks

datalog 1 http://www.mediafire.com/?273nyozt9he4cz3
datalog 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?duf4if1m7f0np60
retroid

Post by retroid »

I can confirm that is NOT working. look at this:

the PLX says that the module must be powered closed to the ECU for same reference. I've tryed different locations. from cig lighter to directly ECU main power supply:

I used first: ECU connector A pin2 yel/blk and also tryed the connector E pin9 yel/blk.

as for the ground I used ECU case and also main ECU ground wire.

is this ok or should I stock to the cig lighter power source?

many thanks and best regards, Tomi
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should use the fuse box as there are switched 12 volt sources in there you can connect spade connectors to.
retroid

Post by retroid »

ok! thanks!
M111

Post by M111 »

If it is working ok the wideband reading would be the same as the narrow band reading at idle?