hondata and omnipower 3 bar map

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

Also your mechanical/electric boost gauge will read 1-3psi off from what your map sensor reads almost all the time.

Go by what the ECU map sensor tells you.
-Jose
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

Maybe a map issue? I tried the stock map and changed it in the smanager software. Its runs like crap but didnt cut out at 6lbs. I still need to figure out the scalar and offset values for the omnipower 3 bar.
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

So after plugging in the stock map sensor did you get a datalog?

Also when you changed the map sensor in hondata did you upload it to the ecu then turn the key to the off position then start the car?
-Jose
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

No datalog but yes to the other question, I will get a data log and post it tonight with the stock map.
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

I cant use the stock map, runs way too lean to get on it. I dc'ed the gm boost solenoid hose that goes to the top of the wastegate, the car is now only boosting 3lbs tops so no wonder only 120hp. The ecu is still reading 9lbs so now the only thing to do is figure out why the map is reading inaccurate and why the boost solenoid wasnt working.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can't use a 3 bar sensor and then have it set to a 4bar. It may run if tuned, but will give inacurate readings. Get a proper 4bar and get retuned.
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

Thank you spunk, those are my plans.
kevin

Post by kevin »

the car does have a 4 bar map sensor. the casting just says 3 bar because that is the way steve (omni) gave them to us to sell. so stop messing with your tune and parameters and bring the car back so i can set it up all over again. the car is on 9psi which i stated multiple times. but u have a clogged cat and your dizzy was acting up having ignition break up and the shop towel u had over the turbo inlet as a filter was not helping neither.
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

kevin wrote:the car does have a 4 bar map sensor. the casting just says 3 bar because that is the way steve (omni) gave them to us to sell. so stop messing with your tune and parameters and bring the car back so i can set it up all over again. the car is on 9psi which i stated multiple times. but u have a clogged cat and your dizzy was acting up having ignition break up and the shop towel u had over the turbo inlet as a filter was not helping neither.
Well I guess there are more problems than he stated :)
-Jose
kevin

Post by kevin »

not to mention car drives and idles at 205 degrees
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

the car is boosting 3lbs, I havent changed your tune except for rev limiter. The cat is 3 months old magnaflow not a clogged one. And if it is a 4 bar why does omni's website say the 3 bar has a different setup than the 4 bar plus I didn't get it from you. Kevin, Im just trying to resolve issues on my own so I dont have to bother you, I would think you would appreciate that instead of wasting your time.
kevin

Post by kevin »

non of my customers ever bother me or waste my time. after all they did pay for my time. if you where having problems with it you should have brought it back. if u had any questions you should have called me/shop.for example about the map settings. yes 3 bar and 4 bar do have different settings, and if you would have brought it back like my boss told you we would have tried another 4bar to make sure everything was right. nobody was being hostile i just stated the facts. but to each his own. good luck with it and please do post the outcome
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

OP: It could be a MAP issue. I would take it back to Kevin and have him run some tests.

Kevin: I can understand where the OP is coming from. Maybe trying to rule out some things before taking it back?

Overall I think the OP should take it back to get a diagnostics check. I'm sure you guys will figure it out :)
-Jose
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

Well, heres the conclusion. Map settings were way off, the car was in fact boosting 2.5 lbs. Using the same setup as before (even the same cat and dizzy that the last tuner said was messed up) the car achieved 282 whp on 11lbs of boost. Ill have to thank Bisi from bisimoto in so cal. He tunes idle and partial throttle so the car runs smooth all around before he ever gets on the throttle hard. I did have a make an appointment to see him but was well worth the wait. Thanks to those that contributed to this post.
Attachments
SeafoamPwrJuly10.JPG
SeafoamPwrJuly10.JPG (180.39 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
kevin

Post by kevin »

im glad you got it solved but that motor should have made more on 11 psi still makes me think u have some motor issues thats what a stock b16 on 11 psi makes not to mention that is hub so its slightly higher, does it still run hot? it looks like it died at 7000rpms