hondata and omnipower 3 bar map

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
ripperj

hondata and omnipower 3 bar map

Post by ripperj »

I took my freshly built turbo gsr to the dyno to get a good base tune. Only put out 120hp. It sounds good, no cel. I looked in the tune and the guy who did the dyno set up the map as a omnipower 4 bar but I have a 3 bar. Could this be why the car has no power? I tried the scalar and offset numbers from onipower website (617 and 11) and the car will start but stalls after 15 or 20 seconds.
locash

Post by locash »

If your freshly built TURBO GSR only made 120hp, you have some serious issues. How much boost was this on?

Were there any problems with the setup?
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

The only issue I have is the ecu has occasionally been going into limp mode when driving limiting my rev to 4k otherwise not affecting anything and goes away if I turn off my car and turn it back on. As far as boost Im running off the spring atm about 9 lbs. Reaches that at 4k. Holds boost well according to the map readings off the ecu which I cant trust untill I can confirm map sensor settings. Im lost at this point. I appreciate any ideas. Another weird part is the torque was 140.
locash

Post by locash »

Assuming you have no other mechanical issues, you should be making at least double that power. What is the complete setup, and do you want to post the calibration?
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
locash

Post by locash »

Also, what kind of dyno was this on?
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

b18c block, ported b16a head, 9.1:1 pistons, eagle rods, skunk2 in manifold, t3/t4 turbo boosting 9lbs. Then the omnipower 3 bar and the Hondata s300. What else.... today I hooked up the gm boost soloniod and a boost controller and that created a new issue. Right at 6lbs of boost the car cuts off, tach falls to 0 untill i completely let off the gas. Then it starts going again. I can feather the gas to keep boost at 4-5lbs and it doesnt happen. Boost in not enable on the s300. Im going to try to enable shortly here and see if that helps. I had the dyno done at a local performance shop where I purchased the ecu, not sure of the brand they have though.
locash

Post by locash »

First thing to do is have the ECU looked at, as it shouldnt ever shut down at 4000 rpm, unless there is a socketing issue for the S300.. The shop that tuned the car, do they tune a lot of Hondas? Something should have set off a red flag if the car is only making 120hp..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

Here is my current calibration
Attachments
first.skl
(32.1 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

heres a log of a trip around the block, map says 11psi then injectors shut off. Boost guage reads 6. Ill have to take it back to them. I notice something called MIL comes on at the same time the car dies, what is that?
Attachments
ignitioncutoff.s3d
(371.1 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

MIL is your CEL light.

You should be able to change the type of MAP sensor you are using and Hondata will know to make the changes in the fuel/ignition tables.
-Jose
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

Looking at your datalogs.

Do you have your shift light at 4k? Thats what it looks like from the logs (or is it a setting on my Smanager?)

Anyways check that out.
-Jose
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

At like :36 it seems your boost cut and ignition cut come on. Also at :42.

Your shift light comes on at 4k from what I can see which is why your CEL comes on.

Also I see boost up to 11psi in your datalogs
-Jose
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

And your car is running at 212+ degrees F. Thats pretty hot.
-Jose
ripperj

Post by ripperj »

Thanks for your input newsol. Yes the ecu is reading boost up to 11psi which bothers me because the guage is reading 6lbs when the car cuts off. Im trying to figure out the correct map scalar and offset values so I can get some accurate readings. The car does get warm I think (and hope) because its been 100F where i live and I have a closed deck. The shift light does come on at 4k, maybe I was looking at the graph wrong but it seemed like it didnt follow. Ill look again. Any idea why the boost cut and ignition cut come on as soon as it hits a certain boost. I dont see that enabled anywhere is smanager.
newsoltsc

Post by newsoltsc »

Only thing I could see is that you are running in closed loop (fuel/ignition will be changed via the narrowband o2 sensor)

And in Misc you have Injector error and bar pressure sensor disabled
-Jose