Ems or k pro

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
TheePsycho

Ems or k pro

Post by TheePsycho »

Im putting a turbo in my rsx-s and im debating wether or not the k-pro or and aem ems would be better for tuning. Could someone help me with the pros and cons of either of these systems.
sprinto7

Re: Ems or k pro

Post by sprinto7 »

TheePsycho wrote:Im putting a turbo in my rsx-s and im debating wether or not the k-pro or and aem ems would be better for tuning. Could someone help me with the pros and cons of either of these systems.
What AEM product are you thinking about? Do they have one that will vary the cam timing?
Del Long
TheePsycho

Post by TheePsycho »

The product is the Aem EMS (Engine Management System)
and yes it can adjust the cam timings and all sorts of things like create a studder box for turbo, boost controller, nitrous controller and other things.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

For a street car or a daily driven car, the K-Pro will be the best bet as it makes use of all the stock ecu functions.
hondapwr

Post by hondapwr »

I know a guy that lives way out in the stix in Ohio. He has AEM EMS on a turbo'd civic. He has a swap shop that he has done hundreds and hundreds of swaps in now. Reguardless, he was a beta tester for AEM EMS, and was givin one by AEM at a minimal price about 4 years ago(like a year before it was even released). To this day, he still doesn't understand all of it, and he has the most exensive knowledge in tuning cars I have ever seen. From the feedback I get, AEM EMS is way more comprehensive then K-pro, but K-pro is designed specifically for us Honda-Heads. The K-pro is also going to be something that you are going to be able to get more help tuning. A lot more people run K-pro and will be able to give you some valuable tips. I'd go K-pro for sure. ;)
Jason Couture of Newport News, VA
Current Ride:
2005 Blaze Orange RSX-S (picked up 11-3-04)

Mods: Greddy Evo2 Cat-Back
Injen CAI
B&M STS with ClubRSX shift bushing kit.

Previous Ride:
2004 Arctic Blue RSX-S
MarWax

Post by MarWax »

AEM EMS is an external plugin to your ECU and as HONDATA says nothing idles better than your stock ECU and that's why the KPRO uses the stock ECU.

KPRO also comes with several calibrations which should cut your tuning time by lots of hours and money on the dyno.