newie needs immobiliser advice - k20z into elise s1

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
charlie!l

newie needs immobiliser advice - k20z into elise s1

Post by charlie!l »

I'm hoping that someone can give me what I bet is really basic info.

I have a K20z to fit into an elise. I got the ecu (cant remember code but can get if its relevant) with the engine , along with a key. I dont know how the immobiliser works - does the key signal the ECU directly or is there some device that reads the key fob and then tells the ecu the signal. In other words do I need anything else to get the ECU to "not be immobilised"?

I did a bit of reading and I have seen some bits about a "group N" ecu which can have the immobiliser switched off but I was wondering if there was a downside to this (other than theft risk!) ie stuff that I wouldnt be able to do that is possible with a flashpro?

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated....... Or point me in the right direction....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would have to get the K-Pro, use an 02-04 RSX ECU, 02-04 Harness and 02-04 transmission.
charlie!l

Post by charlie!l »

What does the immobiliser actually immobilise? Does it only disable the fuel pump supply? In which case would the engine run (normally) if the fuel pump had an alternate power supply?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It completely disables the ECU.
charlie!l

Post by charlie!l »

Ok thanks for your time - will have to reconsider options!
cpl racing

Post by cpl racing »

This is a K20Z from an FN2?
Hondata, Jackson Racing, Gruppe M, Dyno Dynamics
charlie!l

Post by charlie!l »

Hi - yes it is but I think that we may have already done some business since my original post! I'll be seeing you guys in the new year for a supercharger too....