dumping fuel, weird map readings

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Bakeoff

dumping fuel, weird map readings

Post by Bakeoff »

So, I just got my car together, and after uploading the map to my romulator, I start up the car. It is DUMPING fuel like mad.
Here's the basics of the setup
d16z6
t3 turbo (waste gate left open for braking in the engine)
s200B
3 bar map (wired per hondata instructions)
dsm 450cc with honda resistor box

So, the map sensor is reading at about 27 psi as soon as I turn the engine over, and stays pegged. I'm guessing that's why it's dumping fuel. To even make it idle, I had to set my injector multiplier at 0.09. If I disconnect the map sensor, it still reads voltage. If I disconnect the tps, it still shows up on the hondalogger. Neither was throwing a CEL last night, and now it just throws a code whenever I try to start it, but it doesn't show a code in hondalogger, nor can I use the jumper to pull a code. I'm stumped on the map sensor readings, and why it's dumping fuel like mad.... HELP THE NOOB!
Bakeoff

Post by Bakeoff »

now, in addition, it's running in limp mode....
I've tried maps that I created, and I've tried the stock bins for the greddy kit. The map just keeps reading like it's almost maxed out. It's the 3 bar I got with the hondata setup, so it should be working. Uber frustration.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

sounds like a wiring problem or you have the map and tps connectors swapped
Bakeoff

Post by Bakeoff »

Spunkster wrote:sounds like a wiring problem or you have the map and tps connectors swapped
For the map sensor, I all I did was cut the pigtail off the stock harness, and matched the colors to the right pins. I've double, tripple, and quadruple checked the colors. The tps plugs has the correct wiring too.
And how would it not throw a code when I disconnect the map sensor?
Bakeoff

Post by Bakeoff »

IT LIVES!!!!
Ok, lets go over why it didn't work!
On the del sol S (and civic dx/lx from what I've seen) the wiring for the map sensor is on the fire wall, and connected to the harness near the battery.
On the del sol Si, civic ex/si the wiring for the map is on the engine harness. Which one to use?
Well, in the past, I had always used the one on the engine harness, no codes, ran like a champ... Or at least that's what I remember from 6 months ago when the engine came out for rebuilding. Being "positive" of which one to use, I kept trouble shooting. Today I said **** it, clipped the wires, ran it to the other map sensor wiring, and it popped right over and ran... Man, I'm such a retard!