FD2 PLX wideband problem

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
cavilheiras

FD2 PLX wideband problem

Post by cavilheiras »

Hi,
I apologize for my english,I installed a Wideband on a FD2 Civic and connected to PIN B29 (EGRL) but
it's not working, the wideband gauge is working fine, but the ECU is not receiving the signal.
Could it be because the FD2 civic uses the K20A engine instead of K20Z ilke the FN or FG civic?
The K20A engine does not have EGR.

best regards
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to post your calibration.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

I'm having the same issue here :\
The calibration is set up for the external wideband following all the procedures as Hondata teel us to do. But doing this seams that the ECU does not read de signal input because de lambda value is allways 10.00 on lambda values table.
I've allready tried do the input by the pin C27 (SO2) but the values are not accurate.
Have anyone allready connected an external wideband on an FN2 or FD2 and worked fine? This thing is getting me nuts... :\
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

não vão conseguir ligar sem fazer uma alteração nos cabos da ECU.

by soxfan143

"EGR lift is an ECU pin that is unused on this car and Hondata used that part of the mother board to use for an anolog 5v signal to translate wideband voltage into AFR. Unfortunately it's the only input that works with the wideband so you will need the correct ECU pin to insert into the empty slot in the connector. The SO2 sensor input does not work with the wideband"

"The blue and white clips are under the dash. You will need to remove your ECU and go directly to the Grey ECU connector to add a new pin to #B29. It's not easy but it isn't super hard. You will need to source an ECU pin for this. And they aren't easy to find. If you have your PnP harness from a piggyback you can use those pins but they pins are location specific as well. You can't just use any pin from the ECU connector. They are directional and different sizes for different locations"

espero que ajude.
Last edited by nunoctr on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Thanks Nuno , but we've allready done that... Connect the wire in the empty slot on connector B pin 29. But doing that and all the set up on the flashpro to configure the input, the ECU stiil reads 10.00 lambda... We think that this pin does not work for the FD2 since this car as an K20A engine that does not use an EGR like the K20Z engines...
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

mandem um email ao Joel da drivencrazy, se alguem sabe ligar isso a um fd2 é ele. É um dos melhores tuners da hondata e o representante deles em singapura onde vendem os fd2 e fn2.

http://www.drivencrazy.com.sg/
cavilheiras

Post by cavilheiras »

thanks nuno
as the labaredas said we turn the wideband signal at pin B29
and nothing happens.
I also agree that the problem may be in the ERG valve that fd2 does not use .
but is the only fd2 in Portugal :( and the information we have on this car in relationship to the ecu pinout is none, did everything the manual as required to mount the wideband like HONDATA says to do.
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

nunoctr wrote:mandem um email ao Joel da drivencrazy, se alguem sabe ligar isso a um fd2 é ele. É um dos melhores tuners da hondata e o representante deles em singapura onde vendem os fd2 e fn2.

http://www.drivencrazy.com.sg/
Ok, obrigado pela dica. :wink:
Labaredas

Post by Labaredas »

Well, I got some news and for my disappointment they are not so good as I expected to be...
Seams like the only way to the PLX Wideband work fine is to trade the FD2 ECU for an US Si one... This stands for the FN2 too, because this 2 cars don't have an EGR valve to control the emissions like the US Si does and the two ECU (FD2 & FN2) don't have internal circuit to control this Input... Now there is one problem , as each Flash Pro is made to work with one especific ECU how am I going to solve this issue? Do I have to buy an US Si ECU and another FlashPro to work with that ECU or is this issue with the Wideband Input going to be solved in the next FlashPro Manager updates?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The US Civic Si does not have EGR, but the ECU does have the circuitry. It appears that the JDM and Euro ECUs do not have this circuitry. We'll update our help file and documentation to reflect this.

Your Euro FlashPro will work with an US ECU if you unlock it from the original ECU.

Don't do anything just yet. Give us a few weeks to see if there are any other inputs which the Euro ECU can use.
Hondata
cavilheiras

Post by cavilheiras »

Hondata wrote:The US Civic Si does not have EGR, but the ECU does have the circuitry. It appears that the JDM and Euro ECUs do not have this circuitry. We'll update our help file and documentation to reflect this.

Your Euro FlashPro will work with an US ECU if you unlock it from the original ECU.

Don't do anything just yet. Give us a few weeks to see if there are any other inputs which the Euro ECU can use.
Ok. we'll wait then... Thank you for reply.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

In the latest beta release we have added support for the ELD and ECT2 pins as wideband inputs. You'll need to either switch off the ELD or the Second coolant temperature sensor, remove the pin from the ECU connector and then add your own pin for the wideband.
Hondata
cavilheiras

Post by cavilheiras »

Hondata Thanks for being short to resolve the issue :wink: .

Best regards

cavilheiras
_Mozz_

Post by _Mozz_ »

Same for FN2 Hondata??

Regards
cavilheiras

Post by cavilheiras »

Hi _Mozz_ from what I read on the topic is also for the civic type R FN2 euro model

http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/ecu_connectors.htm