Battery died

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
k20z3kid

Battery died

Post by k20z3kid »

Okay so for the past 4 days I was out of town and I got in last night. I drove my car around when I got home and then I went to sleep. But now this afternoon I tried to start my car and it would not start. It wouldnt even turn over. The remote entry wouldn't even work nor would any of the buttons on the door (lock, unlock, etc.).

I tried unplugging the negative terminal of the battery to reset the ECU and when turning the key the radio came on but then it died again. So I had to pull one of our other cars around to jump the battery and that finally got the car started. Any idea as to what could have caused this Hondata? I am simply using one of the base map reflashes for the AEM CAI V2 MAF calibration. My car only has 34,000 miles on it. I monitored everything when driving around and the battery voltage was at a consistent 14.10. I didnt leave any of the lights on or do anything that would drain the battery. The flashpro unit was not left plugged into the ODB port either. My guess is that when loading up the base map for the AEM CAI V2 that maybe the new calibration is leaving some component of the car running which would in turn drain the battery? I dont know that is just my conjecture. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This does not sound like a Hondata related problem. More than likely something was left on or a door left slightly open.
k20z3kid

Post by k20z3kid »

Spunkster wrote:This does not sound like a Hondata related problem. More than likely something was left on or a door left slightly open.
Are you sure this is no possible way a hondata related problem?? It happened again this morning.

Is it just a coincidence that this started to occur when I started using Hondata?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

How old is your battery?
k20z3kid

Post by k20z3kid »

It is about 3.5 years old and not daily driven. I took the battery to autozone to get it tested and it tested out okay. I came home and cleaned all the terminals very thoroughly and jumped it again and it started. Maybe the terminals were just dirty? I guess we will find out when I try and start it tomorrow morning. Thanks for the quick responses. Hondata has excellent customer service.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Make sure your terminals are tight. I see soo many cars with no starts and dead batteries from loose terminals. It is SOOOO important that they stay tight.
k20z3kid

Post by k20z3kid »

Haha... The good ol' brass brush solved all my problems. My paranoia just managed to kick in that it could have been Flashpro, but thankfully that is not the case. I am glad Hondata put out such a quality product. There has been no issues for me at all so far.