EPS Is cutting in and out...flash related?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
mattminer

EPS Is cutting in and out...flash related?

Post by mattminer »

We have a 2008 si that has had the EPS acting funny since its been flashed. Most of the time it is not working at all, and sometimes if you restart the car a ton of times it will work for awhile, and then cut in and out until it completely fails again.

Is it possible this is hondata related?

M@
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What happens if you return the ECU to stock?
mattminer

Post by mattminer »

id rather not due to the amount of mechanical changes id need to do to the car. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this happen

M@
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

EPS is not controlled by the ECU. It has it's own control unit. The only thing the ECU does is slightly raise the idle when it detects EPS loading.
mattminer

Post by mattminer »

thats what in understand from teh wiring diagrams. Im going to go to honda and have them scan to see what EPS code Im getting. Im thinking the motor simply died and is an unrelated coincidence. It seems to be getting kind of common....stupid electric steering :P

M@
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

If you are using a map that was made on a newer version of the software and tried to upload a map with a FlashPro that has the older firmware this is one of the issues. My bud was running the official FP manager version and I was running the Beta and I adjusted his map for him and emailed it back to him and he loaded it with the older firmware and his EPS went nuts along with VSA and a lot of other codes were set. As soon as he updated his software and firmware to the latest version the car was 100% normal. Not sure if this is even your issue but just my experience.
mattminer

Post by mattminer »

In the end, it was a bad EPS motor. Problem (slowly) resolved by majestic.

M@