need help with a tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Z1 Performance

Post by Z1 Performance »

What's with the crazy knock counts?
all-black

Post by all-black »

i know i took the car to be tuned and the guy i guess just cant tune. the knock is really bad. i told him there shouldnt be any knock especially under wot. So i decided i would try and street tune my car atleast to get rid of knock and i can worry about power later. so i took the base map.... map injen cai and rh exhaust map and changed the injector size to 410 because im using rdx and then retarded cam angles back all over the board so that the wouldnt advance past 40 cuz 45 is max for these cams. i added fuel in a couple areas so that were a little lean. i have attached a couple short data logs and my latest calibration.......... tell me what you think i got rid of most of the knock and the car runs so much better sounds healthy and not having as many crossover issues.
Attachments
data log 0.fpdl
data log
(623.88 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
data log 1.fpdl
data log
(387.9 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
custom 1.0.fpcal
my latest calibration i made
(73.06 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
magnEsium

Post by magnEsium »

Looks like you have too much cam angle advance for the blueprint stage 2 cams. I see it all the time, you don't have the free flowing exhaust for it. Drop the cam angle up top and watch your power rise.
magnEsium Tuning
http://www.magtuning.com
all-black

Post by all-black »

from where to where and by how much would you guess. also is there a way to make the car stay in vtec more like when im letting off the throttle some and shift the car rpms are still in vtec but it disengages is the a way to keep it in vtec so the transitions are smoother