Calibration upgrades with new software versions

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
gnews

Calibration upgrades with new software versions

Post by gnews »

I noticed in the 1.1.0.5 revision that some changes were made to the base calibrations disabling the long term fuel trim. I believe it was mentioned to load the new base calibration to get the benefits. So if I already had my vehicle tuned starting with the Injen CAI, RH MAP calibration how can I import these benefits without losing the benefits of all the hard work my tuner did on the dyno? I looked around and checked for an option to the enable but didn't see anything. I would imagine an "internal" calibration upgrade would be able to be imported but I can't quite figure it out.

Am I SOL or do I need to copy everything my tuner did to a new calibration that has been updated? Is there an easier way?
august77

Re: Calibration upgrades with new software versions

Post by august77 »

gnews wrote:I noticed in the 1.1.0.5 revision that some changes were made to the base calibrations disabling the long term fuel trim. I believe it was mentioned to load the new base calibration to get the benefits. So if I already had my vehicle tuned starting with the Injen CAI, RH MAP calibration how can I import these benefits without losing the benefits of all the hard work my tuner did on the dyno? I looked around and checked for an option to the enable but didn't see anything. I would imagine an "internal" calibration upgrade would be able to be imported but I can't quite figure it out.

Am I SOL or do I need to copy everything my tuner did to a new calibration that has been updated? Is there an easier way?
Just connect your FlashPro to your laptop... download the current map in your car and open it. Once u have done that, just re-upload to Flashpro then to ECU. Any changes or updates will be instantly made to the map.

That is from my understanding of how the FlashPro and software work..
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That is correct. If you're using a unmodified base calibration then you're better off selecting the same calibration again and uploading that.
Hondata
aka_si

Post by aka_si »

Would you need to re-tune the calibratin due to the new rev?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No you should not
gnews

Post by gnews »

Thanks!