WOT Lambda adjustment question

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
soxfan143

WOT Lambda adjustment question

Post by soxfan143 »

Hello again Hondata. It's me again. lol..I have a question about the WOT lambda adjustment tab in the calibration parameters. You can adjust the closed loop target AFR there but I was wondering why the columns stop at 0 vacuum and they don't have an adjustment for in boost. Or does it have some control over the in boost AFR? Just curious. Thanks for your time. Again.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The tables actually are for open loop fuel adjustment, not closed. Under boost it is going to use column 10.

It will help if I tell you how the fuel tables are tuned by Honda. The engine is put on an engine dyno using a spec fuel. In an automatic process the engine is then run through every cell of every fuel table for every cam angle and tuned to produce a stoichiometric AF ratio. Afterwards the WOT lambda table is used to set the optimum AF under full load. It would have easier for us if Honda had tuned the main tables to give the correct AF under full load.
Hondata
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

So I would only change column 10 if at all. Or should I just leave it alone. I think I need to do some more research on this. I'm curious to how it can control fuel in open loop? Isn't open loop a preset amount of fuel delivery at a set load and rpm point where the ECU doesn't use any feed back from any sensors besides the MAP? Or does it?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, just change column 10 for all boost values. Actually, for MAP calibrations you don't need to change the WOT lambda table at all, it's just in there so that you can see why the AF goes rich suddenly as you switch from closed to open loop.

Yes, open loop does not use any o2 feedback. The WOT lambda table is just an artifact from how Honda tunes the fuel tables (all tuned for stoichiometric). This is also how AFM based vehicles enrichen the mixture at WOT too.
Hondata
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

aha. Now I understand what you are saying. So I really have no need for it since I'm running a speed density system now. Thanks for the quick lesson Hondata.