Internet registration required to view maps or tune?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
locash

Internet registration required to view maps or tune?

Post by locash »

I may be confused by the wording, but it appears that in order to even view a map with the FlashManager software, you have to have connected to a flashpro and registered the unit online? If I am correct, (and I may not be) this seems a bit rediculous, as I don't have reliable Wi-Fi in my shop, and can't have a car on the dyno with a new FlashPro and not be able to tune it..

Also, not being able to open and alter maps for customers on any computer available is really strange.. Why the sudden changes from every other piece of Hondata software?

If I am incorrect here, please let me know..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

To open a calibration you need to plug in a FlashPro to the computer where the software is installed. You only need to do this once, and don't need an internet connection.

To upload to a vehicle with a FlashPro, you need to register the FlashPro, which requires an internet connection. Again, this only needs to be done once for any FlashPro. If you don't have a good internet connection, this can be done on any computer, not necessarily the one which you're going to use for tuning.

To unlock a FlashPro after a vehicle is returned to stock, you'll need an internet connection. Again, this can be done on any computer if your tuning computer does not have an internet connection.
Hondata
locash

Post by locash »

Seems to be a real hassle for tuners that are selling a customer a FlashPro and have the car to tune, as if we don't have an internet connection at that particular time (or it is down), we can't tune the car. Might be a flawed design.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
magnEsium

Post by magnEsium »

I agree

I am not able to provide my services to a handful of customers as I do not have a FlashPro unit in my hands
magnEsium Tuning
http://www.magtuning.com
locash

Post by locash »

I was inferring that authorized Hondata dealers with a dyno might have a problem.. :)
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
magnEsium

Post by magnEsium »

locash wrote:I was inferring that authorized Hondata dealers with a dyno might have a problem.. :)
Yes, and I was adding..
magnEsium Tuning
http://www.magtuning.com
ImAuthenticFTW

Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

Mag from what i understand you only need to hook up a flashpro once to activate the software fully. i am messing with the manager right now and my flashpro is actually in my car....
Maybe you can find someone local and use theirs to activate the flashpro manager for you
locash

Post by locash »

That is correct, once you have connected a FlashPro to your laptop, the software then works fine from there on out.. Perhaps Magnesium would like to purchase a FlashPro to check out, and then he could re-sell it at a later date when he no longer needs it?
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
Garrett_si

Post by Garrett_si »

I have the same problem at my dyno shop
silverspoon1996

Post by silverspoon1996 »

MAG, If you come down to NY to tune SMACK and my car, You can use my flashpro to hook up to your laptop.