3 bar map sensor calibration. Help.

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
hondaracing84

3 bar map sensor calibration. Help.

Post by hondaracing84 »

My hondalogger is not reading the map right. Its reading way to high. I went to the settings and saw the 3 bar map sensor calibration.

I just need to know what values to put into the boxes. I have a GM 3 bar map sensor. The settings ask for:

minimum pressure ___ volts ___ bar
maximum pressure ___ volts ___ bar

I just need to know what to put into the boxes or how to find out what to put in. I need this so I can set the boost right from the map since my guage doesnt work right.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What version of Romeditor was your car tuned on? Changing the information in Hondalogger does not change the way the ECU reads your map sensor. It is for datalogging purposes only.
hondaracing84

Post by hondaracing84 »

I cant remember what romeditor it was tuned on. I cant get a hold of my tuner to find out either. I got tuned by Modifyd Performance in Witchita KS.
I had to get a new wastegate because of boost creep. After getting the new wastegate I have to reset the boost level. Since my guage doesnt work I wanted to read directly from the MAP, sicne that is how my tuner did it. He tuned it to 17psi.
I understand that changing the map calibration will not change the tune. I simply need to calibrate it so the hondalogger will give me the correct MAP pressure so I can set the boost back to where it was tuned at.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

At this point there are too many unknowns. Without knowing what 3bar you are using and then getting the correct calibration information from that manufacturer it will be impossible to enter values into our software to properly datalog. You may find it easier to just buy a cheap mechanical boost guage to set your wastegate.
hondaracing84

Post by hondaracing84 »

I did state it was a GM 3 bar sensor. Is that not enough?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There are different GM 3bar map sensors, which is why we have never recommended GM sensors. The 3bar we used to sell was a Motec sensor.
hondaracing84

Post by hondaracing84 »

What are the calibration settings for the Motec 3 bar map sensor?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The defaults will work with the Motec sensor.